Original Magic Motorcycle Cranks (Pre-Coda) ULTRA RARE

BikePimp

Retro Guru
I though I would never find a picture of these. Only saw 1 pair back in the early 90's at a shop in a display case for $650 USD, lasted a couple years with no buyers, then one day the owner offered them to me for $350 USD w/ BB & tool. I thought about them for a couple days, but when I went back they were sold. I always regretted not buying them.

Notice the chainrings.

Found picture on other site.

Attachments

• MagicMotorcycleCranksBack.jpg
    MagicMotorcycleCranksBack.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 3,957
  • MagicMotorcycleCranksFront.jpg
    MagicMotorcycleCranksFront.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 3,958
I remember being in awe of those when they launched. Ridiculous money ISTR. I have never seen a set in the metal. The Coda version is a pale imitation.

A friend of mine had one of those in his HeiHei bitd. It was amazing to look, and hugely expensive... It´s the only one i´ve seen so far...

Take a look at his bike (in 1994)...

konaheiheimalvarjpegrc2.jpg

Vitorzip":16ey9dm4 said:
A friend of mine had one of those in his HeiHei bitd. It was amazing to look, and hugely expensive... It´s the only one i´ve seen so far...

Take a look at his bike (in 1994)...

konaheiheimalvarjpegrc2.jpg

If you look at the price sheet you posted of the Kona Hei Hei build, the cranks are 1/3 the price of the titanium frame !

BikePimp":3vk76t3z said:
If you look at the price sheet you posted of the Kona Hei Hei build, the cranks are 1/3 the price of the titanium frame !

Well, you´re right about that, but they still costed 131.000$00 (that´s 650€) 15 years ago...

Mgic motorcycle

There was a used one on ebay 3 years ago that was finally bid up to $900.
FirstFlight owns one in mint condition, maybe he'll show us a picture?

magic motorcycle

:cool:
Every now and then I watch this thread and drool about those magic's.
never seen a set and even never known their existance before I visitid this forum!
I know ofcourse the "regular" coda magics but never this one with the special rings.

Back