Show us what you did today, thread

Got this today a 95 Cinder Cone.
95CinderCone1_zps126af269.jpg

gmac123":1z04gnej said:
luck sod!! well jealous, that looks stunning. what's it going to be c-record, deltas?

you've got a lot of retro road miles to do this year kaiser

Aye deltas and record would be lovely but with all this 'expansion' ahem ,budgets are tighter. I have a mix of centaur and veloce which will suffice till funds allow some upgrades, I'll possibly try to get the wheels right from the offset. Carbon tub rims on Campag hubs maybe.

Everyone has been busy! Nice bikes all. :cool:

Not tried out the 69er yet Gmac. Only got out my sick bed on wednesday, and tomorrow is fatbike time and I have to test the new front on the monkey............
Might be a while. :LOL:

Short notice I know but if any of the MacRetro fatties are free tomorrow there is a wee group ride starting from North Berwick at a very reasonable time. Gimme a shout for details if you're interested.

Very, very nice Rado :cool: :cool: :cool:
Looks like a lean, mean XC machine ;)
What do you think of the ride?
Is this why you had a couple for sale on ebay?

Jamie

WOW :shock:
I started to type my reply under Rado's first pic and when it posted it was almost on the next page :shock:
Clearly the macretro clans been shopping :LOL: Whats going on, thats like four bikes this page so far :LOL:
They all look brilliant as well, soft spot obviously to the Master as I'm a long time roadie at heart :cool:
I would love to join you FFTC but alas after two weekends in row away, I need to sort my van this weekend and also possibly look at another, besides I MOT'ed the Heathers beetle yesterday and while not too bad, it did eat into my budget.
Definately hook up at the Forth Fat Ride.
Rado, that GT is even more stunning seen as how you got it, really brilliant resurection. I've never really been a fan of GT's but that one of TK's always looks so cool, so does Marks, now yours, they are starting to grow on me.
Kaiser, glad you finally got it, I forgot to ask on the weekend. It looks really nice and I know you will never be disappionted with the ride.
And Robmac's Cindercone, and in the nicest colour they did :cool:
Is there something in the water down there thats making everyone buy?
Whatever it is it must be quality stuff judging by whats been purchased.

Jamie

Sweat frame Rob... looks to be in good condition, time to get that shopping trolley out and visit your parts store. :LOL:

Something in the water right enough, long may it continue to contaminate

As long as its campag Kaiser, shimano never looks right on an Italian stallion

FFTC, just noticed your footer, you wouldn't be a Mudhoney man, would you?

gmac123":27pkaua3 said:
FFTC, just noticed your footer, you wouldn't be a Mudhoney man, would you?

Nah, don't really do soft rock! :LOL:

I'm more of a Peter Fonda man. ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnGzl-OEyGE[/youtube]

gmac123":3gxscey0 said:
Sweat frame Rob... looks to be in good condition, time to get that shopping trolley out and visit your parts store. :LOL:

Its not to bad at all its been used but not abused, apparently its been idle since 2000 Im gonna use it as is. I was luck enough to get a good few bits'n'pieces with it, collars, head set, front cable hanger. Im keepin it fairly period so hello to good old canties again. ;)

Nice Rob, always regarded a kona as one of the gaps in the stable... one day...

FFTC - for 20 years I thought primal scream and mudhoney lifted those lines from the Brando/Marvin - The Wild One film :facepalm:

Back