sbrian from USA has finally come good.

Re: Waiting for delivery - 1 month, 15 days (sbrian from USA

ishaw":3b3orb5k said:
suburbanreuben":3b3orb5k said:
ishaw":3b3orb5k said:
Yes, right there at the beginning of the thread in the first reply, but if you can't be arsed to go down the depot and find out...
Bad day? I've done that and they were no help at all, neither were Royal Mail customer services who basically said without a tracking number they can't help and couldn't suggest any other way.

I guess I should have added this to my post and asked if anyone had any other alternative options than the one you suggested.

No, not a bad day at all. Just trying to help.
Do you know what city it was sent from?
Do you know your own post code?
Parcelforce, or the Post Office, should be able to find all consignments between the two that have entered the country.
I'm assuming it's been sent USPS? Do you know what service was used- first class, global priority, steam packet? What is the parcel? big items tend to go to Parcelforce, small to the post office.
I do say you need to be persistent, and be lucky enough to not find a jobsworth. You do need to ask them in person at the depot, rather than by phone.
Was it definitely the USA? Canada is much slower.
Just trying to jog your memory, 'cos if you can't remember whether you sent paypal gift or not...

The post office didn't want to know. The customer service rep is poke to when I pursued the phone route rath than the depot route proffered no helpful advise at all aside from suggesting I contact the customs house at heathrow, but couldn't give me a number or any other details for it.

I may try the local depot again and see if I can get someone more helpful, lets see. I'm certainly going to be persistent, it's a lot of money to walk away from.

As the seller hasn't given me any info at all, I don't know the city or service used, but sure it is the USA. Holding ok to hope as lots of users are claiming slow customs service at the moment, so fingers crossed.

http://www.dpreview.com/members/5628508 ... ums/recent

Friends in Penzance:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/members-forums/sbrian

8_XrA_7J_original.jpg

If you have paid by Gift then you are a bit stumped as there is no contract of sale......... you have to rely on the goodwill of the seller to release the goods for free.

Hope it all works out

Shaun

Gift or not, as the time frame for PayPal resolution has passed I'm relying on goodwill as you say, and things aren't looking good.

No response as yet to an email sent to the address associated with the PayPal account I paid.

Re: Waiting for delivery - 1 month, 16 days (sbrian from USA

Something I bought from a US base member last week arrived this morning, so unless this sailed through customs without being checked, it suggests that customs delays may not be the cause of the hold up?

Back