GT Outpost junior?! Help needed!

aguh2

Dirt Disciple
Hello!
I'm kind of in a hurry. I found a GT Outpost 1992 (inferno red paintjob?) for sale in our Argentinian version of Ebay. It's a bargain but i'm not sure where it's 24" or not. The owner says 20" but I doubt it. Was there something like kids outpost or Outpost junior in 1992? Is it 24, 26 or what? I couldn't find it in the 1992 catalog but I did found a few pictures of similar Outposts. The auction ends in a few hours!
bicicleta-montanbike-all-gt-terra-triple-triangle_MLA-F-3633432790_012013.jpg

Thanks in advance!

retroyetirigid":3usg4pym said:
Looks like a 24" to me. Similar size to a 24" Palomar I bought recently for my son.
Thanks! I guess that it's no way suitable for a 6ft guy. Which would you say it would be the max height?
I find this bike rare, but I'm not sure if it has value as a "retro" bicycle. I would only buy it because it's reeeally cheap, as it would probably be very uncomfortable for me, but it'd be nice to know it's worth something. What's your opinion?
(Sorry for the poor english!)

They did a 24" wheel version later as well so I think thats right.
It's really not worth anything so the cheap price is probably right (I have the 26" version of that frame
as someone was throwing it out !). Outposts of that period even in fantastic condition are not that desirable
as they were bottom of the range.

If you are 6' I'd hold out for an 18 or 20 inch framed 26" wheel model.

MADJEZ":1aanhdfi said:
They did a 24" wheel version later as well so I think thats right.
It's really not worth anything so the cheap price is probably right (I have the 26" version of that frame
as someone was throwing it out !). Outposts of that period even in fantastic condition are not that desirable
as they were bottom of the range.

If you are 6' I'd hold out for an 18 or 20 inch framed 26" wheel model.
Interesting. Cheap or not, what a beautiful paintjob!
I'm very pleased with my 18" Tequesta so i'm not really needing a bike, but I was surprised by the price. I found a 1992 Tequesta for 3.000 (argentinian pesos) and a 1994 Karakoram for 4500. This Outpost costs 850! However, I probably wont buy it. I don't like the idea of having a bike I cant ride just because it's rare.

MADJEZ":pr0qh10g said:
My 1999 Tequesta was £10 (800 pesos !) but that was a real bargain.
WOW! 800 pesos would be like £50 (ridiculously cheap) but £10 is unbelievable!!! Great.
Anyway, bicycles here are really expensive compared to UK, both new and retro.
In the 90's not only were GTs very popular here but also reasonable priced. Now many people have very nice retro GT's abandoned in the garage, having no idea of what are they worth. I bet the same thing happens everywhere, but i guess that the price gap between and old bike and a classic GT is bigger in Argentina.

My advice, keep looking.
I've picked up a couple of GTs on ebay for very little.
All you need is a quiet night on ebay and a badly listed ad with no one interested.

MADJEZ":3tizmiun said:
My advice, keep looking.
I've picked up a couple of GTs on ebay for very little.
All you need is a quiet night on ebay and a badly listed ad with no one interested.
Good advice. Being patient is the key I guess.
I'll keep an eye on bikes on the street too. A few weeks ago I came upon a 1995 GT Ricochet in amazing condition. I left him a post-it with my phone number asking whether it was for sale, but no one called. Today I saw it again at the same place and I think i'm in love hahaha. Whatever, we'll see.
Thanks to all for the help!

Back