sbrian from USA has finally come good.

Re: Waiting for delivery - 1 month, 15 days (sbrian from USA

ishaw":38us7hnl said:
I can't remember now, and the PayPal details screen doesn't say either way. I think based on the time passed that I'm outside of the window for any action as I paid on the 30th December and there is either a 30 or 45 day window and both of these have passed.

Is there any way of finding out if a parcel is held up at customs without a tracking number?

Yes, right there at the beginning of the thread in the first reply, but if you can't be arsed to go down the depot and find out...

i waited over month for a book sent almost after it was ordered.........slow customs at the mo :roll:

I assume its that box of bits with the forks and king headset etc.
He might have sold them elsewhere after seeing he could have got more? Just a guess so maybe trawl US eBay site and the US for sale forums to see if there are any matches. Worth half an hour to check.

Looking at his post history I think I would have hesitated about buying, and certainly would not have sent a gift payment. Hope it works out ok.

ishaw":3iirf84f said:
I think based on the time passed that I'm outside of the window for any action as I paid on the 30th December and there is either a 30 or 45 day window and both of these have passed.
It is 45 days, and whilst I'm not having a go at you in particular, as long as you paid for "goods" or equivalent via Paypal and have not received them, you should ALWAYS open an INR with Paypal on the 45th day. You are not saying that you distrust the seller in any way, but what you are saying is that "I am safeguarding my payment that I made to you" just in case the goods you sold me do not arrive (or are late). The seller should not worry about this, because if you do ultimately get your funds repaid, the seller will be able to claim from the relevant postal service. This should never put an honest sellers nose out of joint, but will always catch out the dishonest seller.

Do you know what city he's in?

As far as shipping from the US goes, I sent a fork to the UK from Atlanta right around Xmass time. It took about 4 or 5 weeks to land in the buyer's hands. And the fork was sent with tracking, so we knew it was hung up in UK customs for at least 3 of those weeks, for what it's worth.

Sorry this guy is being a shi%head though.

suburbanreuben":2g6zo13n said:
ishaw":2g6zo13n said:
Yes, right there at the beginning of the thread in the first reply, but if you can't be arsed to go down the depot and find out...
Bad day? I've done that and they were no help at all, neither were Royal Mail customer services who basically said without a tracking number they can't help and couldn't suggest any other way.

I guess I should have added this to my post and asked if anyone had any other alternative options than the one you suggested.

PeteC":1phxdpgk said:
Do you know what city he's in?

As far as shipping from the US goes, I sent a fork to the UK from Atlanta right around Xmass time. It took about 4 or 5 weeks to land in the buyer's hands. And the fork was sent with tracking, so we knew it was hung up in UK customs for at least 3 of those weeks, for what it's worth.

Sorry this guy is being a shi%head though.
It's entirely possible and hoping you are right, but without any tracking info I've hit a wall in finding out.

sylus":3pehm62o said:
last post was december 29th but last time signed in was jan the 29th

and this seems to be indicative of their style

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=235253
I checked that too, the 29th was probably the last time he responded to pms.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Will certainly do so in future.

Crantinope":15lmaj0o said:
ishaw":15lmaj0o said:
I think based on the time passed that I'm outside of the window for any action as I paid on the 30th December and there is either a 30 or 45 day window and both of these have passed.
It is 45 days, and whilst I'm not having a go at you in particular, as long as you paid for "goods" or equivalent via Paypal and have not received them, you should ALWAYS open an INR with Paypal on the 45th day. You are not saying that you distrust the seller in any way, but what you are saying is that "I am safeguarding my payment that I made to you" just in case the goods you sold me do not arrive (or are late). The seller should not worry about this, because if you do ultimately get your funds repaid, the seller will be able to claim from the relevant postal service. This should never put an honest sellers nose out of joint, but will always catch out the dishonest seller.

Latest posts

Back