Show us what you did today, thread

Radoslaw":3763euvj said:
Looking good G. Very nice, even it's 29er :D But I'm square and conservative. Here's a proof, my new old toy:

DSC_0855.jpg

DSC_0851.jpg

That's tidy Rado :)
What year is it?

gmac123":39l4b9e0 said:
that's lovely rado, 92/93?? I've been after one of the seat clamps for some time now, was ebay?
92 with u-brake bosses. Barn find in Poland. Bought locally in December by friend of mine on my request for 550 zlotych which equals £120. Frame had some issues though.

DSC_0818.jpg

DSC03073.JPG

But there were Nukeproof front hub, black M732 hub, syncros, magura etc. so well worth price and effort.

Wow! Good work, difficult to believe that is the same bike - a lot of polishing! How did you fix the bottle cage hole? Rivnut?

Radoslaw":13vvlavp said:
92 with u-brake bosses. Barn find in Poland. Bought locally in December by friend of mine on my request for 550 zlotych which equals £120. Frame had some issues though..

great work :!: by the looks of the condition, your done some wet/dry sanding :?: hopefully catch up soon to get the benefit of your experience. I'm about to set about a 95 avalanche al which was obtained in similar condition, and by coincidence also came from Poland :LOL:

Inetersting. Poland as a source of old GT's :D Aye, some areas needed work with sand paper dry and wet and then buffing with angle grinder.

Picked up Retro road project number 2 today! Big thanks to Big Foz for making one of my dreams come true and selling me a rather lovely Colnago Master X Light. I've always wanted a Colnago but never had the ££ , came away with the frame and forks and a nice big bag of Campag :D . Theres no denying its been ridden but there is nothing worth mentioning that is wrong with it, make building it as a rider all the more easier. I'll probably go against my usual build protocol and get this one together as quick as I can, I'd a hundred build ideas but with what Foz gave me I've got a fair start to a working bike, the refinement will be rolling.

8475536829_fb203cdc25_b.jpg

I'll start a build thread once I've got everything cleaned and polished and I've a rough plan of attack for getting going.

luck sod!! well jealous, that looks stunning. what's it going to be c-record, deltas?

you've got a lot of retro road miles to do this year kaiser

Back