First retro build a muddy fox seeker am I mad

So have you already bought a frame/project? I must have misunderstood the original post! :oops:

Any chance of some pics?

Hello all,

I am very appreciative of all your comments and good wishes, great to join in on bike crack with obvious fanatics.

Thanks initially for all the help and for the first bits you know who u are.....

I bought the bike for £30 on fleebay, bargain its a 23 inch frame which should fit my lanky 6ft 5inch frame ha

I stripped off the old suntour stuff and made a decision to build up with shimano XT M732 after weeks of deliberation....

I love the frame it needs some serious TLC, can't wait for the challenge, but i do want to keep original paint as thats the heart of the thing, getting all romantic about it ha must be valentines day getting to me, like all others here its bikes first and women somewhere further down the priority list ha

Tried putting photos on they are too large need to compact them somehow, will try again...its just the frame at moment but bits are coming in soon!

Karlos

Original photos as purchased.....

Attachments

• MF Seeker.jpg
    MF Seeker.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 708
  • Front handlebars.jpg
    Front handlebars.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 708
  • Rear frame & saddle.jpg
    Rear frame & saddle.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 707
  • Rear Hub & Mech.jpg
    Rear Hub & Mech.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 708
Wow that's massive but at 6ft5 if it doesn't fit you I dunno who it will! My rough one is a 21" and at 6 ft2 I reckon it's ideal, though I might do my 19" too.
Yeah TLC strip down elbow grease...
If the cranks and rear mech go begging super cheap please let me know, for the good karma I'll post a thread up for mine soon. Good luck with it shout us if you need help...

I've got one of these! Identical, 23" size... Was it you selling off the MF sansin/araya wheels? And the sun tour group? On eBay.. I forgot to bid on the wheels..

Anyway good luck with this, have fun.. I look forward to the results..

(And for photos I use photobucket now, like you I got fed up of uploading onto this site cos of the size limit.. You upload onto the photobucket website and then copy and paste the IMG link as HTML code into your post. It's easier than it sounds, there's probably a thread somewhere explaining it better. )

mrgumby":8atgydbc said:
I've got one of these! Identical, 23" size...

I got one in the end (thanks Mr Gumby!)

DSC_0391_zpsfaa87952.jpg

Back