Wookiee's 1991 Team Marin COMPLETE BUILD NOW FOR SALE!

Re: Wookiee's 1991 Team Marin. 99% finished!

STANDISH":ydbt5i43 said:
Marins are definitely cool, and yours is superb well done.

Cheers mate you gotta go with what you love and stuff everyone else!

I admit it, DBs aren't cool, except maybe the TT. However, there is a small but dedicated following. Basically those that have ridden them :LOL:

Maybe it's the same for Marin, but I always thought they looked crap when I was a kid, and I can say hand on heart I've never lusted after one. I see yours, and I appreciate it, and I really do think it's cool. Maybe it's the dayglo pink, synonymous with the time, maybe it's your passion and attention to detail. I'm not sure. Either way I think it's cool :cool:

Pyro Tim":27xr3zf9 said:
I admit it, DBs aren't cool, except maybe the TT. However, there is a small but dedicated following. Basically those that have ridden them :LOL:

Maybe it's the same for Marin, but I always thought they looked crap when I was a kid, and I can say hand on heart I've never lusted after one. I see yours, and I appreciate it, and I really do think it's cool. Maybe it's the dayglo pink, synonymous with the time, maybe it's your passion and attention to detail. I'm not sure. Either way I think it's cool :cool:

Cheers bud much appreciate your comments...to be honest my love of Marins probably stretches from 89-95 they lost themselves for a good 10 years then came back in 2007/8 with their full susses...

I only saw a handful of Marins in the steel, when I was riding 1st time round (90-95), none 2nd time round (99-01), and several since I got back on the saddle last year, so the era of my seeing them really only spans your era. Although I have seen some of the full sussers of the late 90s and they don't look too awful

Re: Wookiee's 1991 Team Marin. 100% finished!

Aint that always the way...I go out and take some 99% finished pics yesterday only for the Smoke tyre to turn up this morning! Oh well on it went and I went and took a few more up to date pics. These two pics show in the first, what it was like when I picked it up. And in the second what it looks like today (then a few more indulgent pics too last ones I promise!).

This build has been great fun and I now have "that bike" I always wanted, not just the bike but with all the changes I would have made if I could of BITD. I'll do a spec sheet at some point. As with everything I start this has been a steep learning curve! Thanks to all those on this forum who have endured my sometimes blindingly obvious questions that have helped me along the way. Big respect to those who have helped with parts but mostly Marc Two Tone for going above and beyond in the pursuit of pink perfection with the powder coaters! Thanks for all the encouragement on this thread throughout the build. Whilst I know I love it, its nice to see that others appreciate it too, and maybe converted a few "Marin haters"!

So all thats left is to get out an ride it...another week or two and I should be fit to go out (had an op on my back at the beginning of the year). But yes I too have the bug and am already thinking of making a commuter zolatone something! But this for me is a very happy day!

All the best chaps and thanks again

Wook (Doug)

Attachments

• BeFunky_BeFunky_P1040672.jpg.jpg
    BeFunky_BeFunky_P1040672.jpg.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 413
  • BeFunky_P1040665.jpg.jpg
    BeFunky_P1040665.jpg.jpg
    132.2 KB · Views: 413
  • BeFunky_P1040664.jpg.jpg
    BeFunky_P1040664.jpg.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 413
  • BeFunky_P1040663.jpg.jpg
    BeFunky_P1040663.jpg.jpg
    438.4 KB · Views: 413
  • BeFunky_P1040661.jpg.jpg
    BeFunky_P1040661.jpg.jpg
    410.6 KB · Views: 413
  • marin 41.jpg
    marin 41.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 413
Re: Wookiee's 1991 Team Marin 100% finished pics 9 & 10

Marvelous! done at last :)

I read all the pages again yesterday (1-9) and couldn't see how much improvement could be made on what was a already clean and tidy find.

How wrong you can be! fresh glossy bits, new tyres and various other finishing touches..et voila :cool:

Two things that help me sleep. 1. I'ts gonna be used and get dirty. 2. the bottom bracket is not siezed(zolatone/steel can be a libility for that) :D

thanks for the pics.

marc.

marc two tone":b6knwxm1 said:
Marvelous! done at last :)

I read all the pages again yesterday (1-9) and couldn't see how much improvement could be made on what was a already clean and tidy find.

How wrong you can be! fresh glossy bits, new tyres and various other finishing touches..et voila :cool:

Two things that help me sleep. 1. I'ts gonna be used and get dirty. 2. the bottom bracket is not siezed(zolatone/steel can be a libility for that) :D

thanks for the pics.

marc.

Oh the bottom bracket was a bugger to get out and required my favourite tool "Scaf Fold Poll"! Had a quick spin today and it was real fast...as I didn't want to brake and take the black off the rims! :LOL: But seriously as soon as I am fit its gonna get proper dirty! :twisted:

Woo-hoo! I thought you'd lost the plot at one point (tinkering with extra blackness) but this is how it should have left the factory!

You want more Zolatone? Why bother, you won't top this :cool:

To quote the brochure... "Ride it to the limit" :D

Back