Outboard b/b on older bike

The bearings in square taper BB tend to last longer as well. New cranks +external BB can be lighter notice the can.

An M730 crankset + Phil Wood TI BB Is pretty light by todays standards. Even a M563 crankset is only 650g.

feetabix":lcsu0fzg said:
they work fine, and offer improved stiffness with readily available spares.....they do look very 'modern' and will change the bikes appearance away from a retro look though

To counter act this, I also replaced the frame with a modern one so the BB blends in better :LOL:

I think it's a 50/50 split , I really want to run the kit that's more reliable on the bike as its going to be a every day bike for the chase .

Would a 9 speed cassette fit an 8 speed hub ? As I would go open if that's the case , I fancy a three ring crank but run a bash ring to complete the look of the trials set up i want to pull off.

Can you get a bashring for a compact xt chainset or even the xt with the out board b/b set up ?

Really ? So is the wheel spaced the same as in the build / spacing of the hub in relation to drive side etc ?

yep. the cassettes are exactly the same width. The sprockets are closer together on 9, and closer again on 10

Back