Drivers!

More needs to be done by all types of road users to be safer and more considerate, so we can all get along.

The proportion of bikes to cars, etc is changing. The amount of commuters is only increasing. Space is diminishing. That is irrefutable.

Training, infrastructure and law needs to move with this change to guide and protect everyone.

Although a motorcycle it's still two wheels and kind of highlights not only the dangers of two wheels but the laws lack of protection when things go wrong

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ident.html

That's appaling, whether she was on the phone or not, she still pulled out in front of someone and if that's not dangerous driving, or driving without due care and attention, what is?

The irony is that chris huhne who lied about who deserved a speeding ticket that he knew deserved will be going to jail whilst this woman who killed someone whilst on the phone walks away

I won't click on daily mail, but it sounds like the Bournemouth one. If it is, she got off because she's a copper :roll:

Pyro Tim":1f4aeik2 said:
I won't click on daily mail, but it sounds like the Bournemouth one. If it is, she got off because she's a copper :roll:

She was/is a hobby bobby (Special Constable) and whilst you've only got my word for it I can assure you the matter was dealt with as thoroughly (if not more so) than it would been had she not been. The CPS are the ones who set and decide charging standards, Police only decide on very minor charges now. I for one would very much have liked to see her before a court for this incident. I know it's no consolation to the victim but at least she'll be kicked out by PSD for gross misconduct in due course. The bad old days of closing ranks and protecting our own is well gone mate. There's no place in the job for people like her.

retrocomeback":1g6betfp said:
Pyro Tim":1g6betfp said:

She was/is a hobby bobby (Special Constable) and whilst you've only got my word for it I can assure you the matter was dealt with as thoroughly (if not more so) than it would been had she not been. The CPS are the ones who set and decide charging standards, Police only decide on very minor charges now. I for one would very much have liked to see her before a court for this incident. I know it's no consolation to the victim but at least she'll be kicked out by PSD for gross misconduct in due course. The bad old days of closing ranks and protecting our own is well gone mate. There's no place in the job for people like her.

i can see how people might think that coppers look after their own - and to a certain extent, i shared this opinion too, but much less so now. but i agree with retrocomeback here. just because 'justice' doesnt seem to have been served, doesnt mean the police had any influence in the matter. there are plenty of people as police officers that will have exactly the same opinion as you and I on this matter. phone or no phone, if you aren't paying attention, you are driving carelessly. i even stop listening to the mrs when i'm driving because i find that distracting enough, let alone sit with a phone on my lap (which can't be that easy if your driving a manual) - besides, how did she make or take the call without pushing the buttons/holding the phone in her hands.
but the law is very black and white and if the boxes aren't ticked, it wont see any further beyond that.
lying through her teeth that girl. she knows she did wrong and as usual, the victim and their family pay the higher price.

More came out in the local rage yesterday. The police claim they wanted her done, CPS said not. She claims she was on the phone when she started driving, and it was on her lap. Therefore they can't prove she didn't touch it.

However, I've tried this method, and it doesn't work. You have to grab it when you brake, or go round corners or it falls off or between your legs muffling it. You actually have to spend more time concentrating on balancing it that if you just held the bloody thing. Why wasn't she done for attempting to pervert the course of justice for lying about the phone?

Latest posts

Back