Giant TCR Team Once

migueltreze":3kzyz6wg said:
elPedro666":3kzyz6wg said:
Look like fat rails on that saddle, will they fit the seatpost clamp okay?
Hum... good point, haven´t noticed that. I will check this with the seller.

That's a good point, I was going to buy a saddle with carbon rails off someone but found out the rails were a funny shape and designed for a specific seat post.
A good lightweight saddle is a Tioga Spyder, I have one on my modern carbon bike, they look quite unusual and probably not to everyones taste but they are cheap (if you buy on ebay direct from Taiwan), very light and in my opinion the most comfortable I've used.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Tioga...sure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item20c618966e

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
elPedro666":2wjh1dqr said:
Been eying those spyders for a while, very intriguing, glad to hear some feedback on them

I'd certainly recommend them, I've had two, one was on a bike that got nicked and the one I have currently is on a replacement for the nicked bike. They don't look very good for a period correct retro build but if you don't mind mixing new and old parts together then no probs. Don't buy in the UK as they retail at around £70 but I bought both mine from the seller in that link and the shipping was pretty quick. They are quite low compared to old saddles so you'll need to raise your seat post approx 10mm. The design allows them to flex a lot with your backside and legs as you pedal which is how they're so comfortable whilst looking a bit like a cheese grater. There's a BMX version too so if you do get one don't buy the wrong one.

Seems to be very light, but I do not like the looks :) The Catopuma is on its way, confirmed with the seller and rails are not a problem on my seatpost. I will have to tight bolts carefully, though.

Back