'91 Alien ACX

Alien SP

Hey Arran, I'm rebuilding an Alien SP at the moment and have found that the drive side BB shell has an angled in face (where a normal BB shell is flat). This suggests to me that an unusual BB was used originally (1990), something with a flange to mate to this machining. Do any of your ACXs (which have the same front triangle) feature this?

Mr K

Arran":1dxbd0r7 said:
Defiant":1dxbd0r7 said:
I used to own a Nishiki ACX like the first one in this topic.
Unfortunately it got stolen; i till have the original fork,..i replaced that one right away.

i want it back! :evil:

Willing to part with the fork???

i am a sentimental looser,..i have a hard time selling things,... ;)
i will let you know,..but the chance of me selling the fork is smaller then buying a ACX again,.. :LOL:

Re: Alien SP

mrkawasaki":ic48lxb3 said:
...the drive side BB shell has an angled in face (where a normal BB shell is flat). This suggests to me that an unusual BB was used originally (1990), something with a flange to mate to this machining.

Does the shell also have standard BB threads? Sounds to me like it was faced to accept a Mavic cartridge BB.

Re: Alien SP

mrkawasaki":3k3pwqa5 said:
Hey Arran, I'm rebuilding an Alien SP at the moment and have found that the drive side BB shell has an angled in face (where a normal BB shell is flat). This suggests to me that an unusual BB was used originally (1990), something with a flange to mate to this machining. Do any of your ACXs (which have the same front triangle) feature this?

Mr K

I can't comment on the b/b of the '90 ACX. I haven't had occasion to pull it out... it's NOS! :LOL:

But... the b/b shell on the '91 does have a (for lack of a better term) counter sink on each side for some reason. Maybe Nishiki thought it'd be easier to start the b/b cup threading process or something equally as stupid...

Re: nishiki

FairfaxPat":3bkoxsd4 said:
Beautiful Bike! You now need a Funk to add to your e-stay collection.

I know, I know!!! Stop reminding me!

The chances of me finding one here in Australia are veeeeery slim...

Defiant":3d48ehaj said:
Arran":3d48ehaj said:
Defiant":3d48ehaj said:
I used to own a Nishiki ACX like the first one in this topic.
Unfortunately it got stolen; i till have the original fork,..i replaced that one right away.

i want it back! :evil:

Willing to part with the fork???

i am a sentimental looser,..i have a hard time selling things,... ;)
i will let you know,..but the chance of me selling the fork is smaller then buying a ACX again,.. :LOL:

this is the original fork that came with the frame,...

NishikiACXFront.jpg

NishikiACXRear.jpg

I do not know if you still want it?,..it is not going to be cheap to ship to Australia,...:roll:

bike !!

to be honest i dont really remember the nishikis, but looking at them now they are becoming top of my wanted list, any one got a frame for sale ?

Yo mistertea,

I dont have a Nishiki but i do have a frame in my collection that maybe of interest to you! ;)

Its Cornish built, Alloy and very very rare!!! 3 built and to my knowledge one left.

Pm me, we can talk!

Cheers,Al

Back