NWA regional ride: Gisburn Forest ~ 17/02/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, I'm a definite now, going to put in a birthday appearance on the Saturday daytime (walk at Cannock - torture! :eek: ) and skive away early so that I can ride in the morning :cool:

Wooooooo ... Hully Gully ... Hully Gully...

Hi. 2 more for Sunday. Myself and a friend who will have to ride slightly more modern unless we get the second bike together in time. (Hope you don't mind)
Have hastily fitted a set of maguras to my race elite so will be able to go even slower!!

Newbie here,
Smoke me a kipper I'll be there on Sunday, seeing as though it's only 10mins up the road. Currently snowing like chuff. Now is it going to be a Zolatone day or Rockhoppery day or do I brave the Father in laws cast off?
I have been a silent surfer on this site for a few years but i'm a technologically backward Luddite so I've not been a member until now. Have previously met Mr HarryCrumb when he collected the 87 tufftrax for drystonepaul a few years back.

Well seeing as though walling work has yet again ground to a halt due to damned white stuff, I thought i would take the dog for a quick (not actually quick I'm not capable) run round the top loop. At 13:30 there was 4-5" on sections up by the crags. I bailed out and came back down on the fire roads cos it was a tad chilly and i was riding in wellies and a flexothane coat with work trousers on. Duck boards were tricky! There has been a lot of repair work done up there recently and the new section is a peach with a nice little pitched stone section which tries to bounce you out of control on a rigid bike.

Sounds like fun! Been loads of work done since I last made it over, looking forward to seeing it all :D

It'll be good to meet you Grumpy farmer. I haven't got very far with that 1987 Tufftrax at all...

I have since picked up 1989 and 1990 versions which have been built up though.

drystonepaul":32vgr2jd said:
It'll be good to meet you Grumpy farmer. I haven't got very far with that 1987 Tufftrax at all...

Yes It,'ll be good to meet you again, it was me who picked up the '87 for Paul. Will you be bringing the Marin out on Sunday?

HarryCrumb":3dje5g58 said:
drystonepaul":3dje5g58 said:

Yes It,'ll be good to meet you again, it was me who picked up the '87 for Paul. Will you be bringing the Marin out on Sunday?

Well it's lambing time in 2 weeks so if you wanted to part with the Tuff trax I can always make use of a spare hurdle about the place (seriously though I would buy it back cos I miss it).

Not sure whether 1990 Eldridge, 1991 rockhopper comp or 1995 boulder starship yet (not a boing or Ali fan though)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back