The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

Re: The Hi-Fi Chat and sales thread

You almost have me... I'll sell the Arcam to part fund it.

What modules does the pre have, and does it have the 'tone cancel' LED (I believe the one with the LED is Mk1)? Are they generally good cosmetically?

both are pretty good cosmetically although pre has some paint rubbed off one of the control knobs. I will take it off and turn it upside down so you wont notice.

They are both mk1 versions so will be getting on for 30 years old - I was going to replace the smoothing caps in the power amp. I have a button marked 'CD' to replace the aux button if you are that way inclined.

Beyond that, you have a mix of 5/4 pin DIN and phono inputs to play with - all relevant leads supplied....

Just one last Q. Is there a phono card amongs those input cards? That's where the 44 can be improved so I'm told.

apache":39drr1sd said:
Just one last Q. Is there a phono card amongs those input cards? That's where the 44 can be improved so I'm told.

yes - with all the little micro switches in the top panel too.

I am looking for a nice stereo amp to power my acoustic energy aegis neo v2's. Got a 5.1 teac at the moment, it sounds good (to me) but i dont need 5.1. I had a NAD 3020 before, but both channels went and kept blowing the fuses (which they did). I am looking second hand, as new you dont get much under £300

LGF's Aura will fit the bill if you are looking for sound quality over button count. If you like buttons, his Technics looks like fun! Both will almost certainly outperform the TEAC. Unless you spend megabucks, AV kit is a compromise when it comes to music repro. I may have an Arcam 9SE for sale shortly...

Here it is in all its glory. The 44 is being used as a phono stage at the mo for the newly revived Technics SL-1410. The Kenwood power amp below it is 150w x2 into 8 Ohms...

Attachments

• Quad 44 405.jpg
    Quad 44 405.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 4,588

legrandefromage":3erzfcdb said:
Here it is in all its glory. The 44 is being used as a phono stage at the mo for the newly revived Technics SL-1410. The Kenwood power amp below it is 150w x2 into 8 Ohms...

Looks great - can you PM me payment details etc?

Back