Colnago - road bike with Campagnolo Gran Sport equipement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Colnago - road bike with Campagnolo Gran Sport equipemen

ditbicykles":3s95n7wo said:
hi
So is this Colnago frame or not?

Regards dawid

Your frame...you said it was not a Colnago despite saying it was....now you are asking if it is or not?......this thread should go into the Alice in Wonderland section of the forum.....curiouser and curiouser!

Well Dawid, really you are a bike dealer so you are obliged to know before posting the ad!! :)

Here is my Colnago Sport I used to own; notice 3 cable guides , ( it also had heart cutouts) , also note factory engraved parts and nice original factory paint and perfect Gipiemme groupset, plus the manner in which the seat stays are resolved into the seat lug... very different from the bike you posted.
Here is a link to another Sport with the same details as mine...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/ ... C_3240.jpg

the sport was a lower end model so wouldn't have had chromed rear triangle I suspect.

Apart from the decals and the colour I can't see anything that would suggest it was genuine.

Attachments

• colnago sport.jpg
    colnago sport.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 885
  • colnago sport 2.jpg
    colnago sport 2.jpg
    355.6 KB · Views: 885

sawston_vulcan":3ezbb8e8 said:
ditbicykles":3ezbb8e8 said:
hi
So is this Colnago frame or not?

Regards dawid

Your frame...you said it was not a Colnago despite saying it was....now you are asking if it is or not?......this thread should go into the Alice in Wonderland section of the forum.....curiouser and curiouser!
hahahaha :LOL:

Bikenut,

Are you sure your Colnago was a Colnago? I am not a Colnago expert myself, but I've been told by an avid collector that the number of guides is an easy way to determine genuine vs fake, built under license or whatever.

ditbicykles":2z58lu1e said:
Hi

p.s. This is obviosly that it was no Colnago, buer was informed.

Regards dawid

Dawid,

Do you mean that the buyer was informed because you think he could have seen as it is obvious according to you ...or did you actively inform him in advance?

There is a difference between that.

Elev12k":1swn2bdc said:
Bikenut,

Are you sure your Colnago was a Colnago? I am not a Colnago expert myself, but I've been told by an avid collector that the number of guides is an easy way to determine genuine vs fake, built under license or whatever.

I'm not an expert either but I've seen Colnago Sports with 3 cable guides on top and 2 cable guides on top. Is one of them fake?

Specifications change over time with all manufacturing...cable guides on top of bb , cables under etc etc . Yes mine was genuine, I researched thoroughly prior to purchase and found numerous examples from various collectors... See fox galleria link in this thread. Spend some time doing research of the subject is buyers responsibility, being honest is sellers

ditbicykles - please take care to make your ads open and honest. If you are not sure of the identity of a bike then please state that this is the case. No one wants to be ripped off and hopefully no one wants to rip anyone off.

I'll be keeping an eye on your ads. Please respect the forum and its members.

Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back