Raleigh Dyna Tech Castorama

TimeTrialAce

Devout Dirtbag
Hi all,
Just trying to build one of these up as period correct as possible.Can see on the "Raleigh Lightweights " Catalogue on Gallery and archieve section it had a black suede saddle ,anyone know which make ,it looks to be plain with no markings ??? Closest I can see while searching is a 3ttt saddle in suede which looks very similar,but with Gold markings.
Thanks
Mike

Attachments

• phpHMWezVAM.jpg
    phpHMWezVAM.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 191
Raleigh only sold them as framesets, the Castorama team used Turbo's.

Somewhere on the net is a Cycling Weekly scan which details the full spec of Fignons bike. I had a quick look but can't find it. It may even be in a post on here somewhere.

Matt

What year..........I hit he heyday of Suede saddles in the late 70's.... blimey they stuck to your shorts. S17's were popular as they were a lot cheaper than Unicantor...

Shaun

Midlife":1coggu54 said:
What year..........I hit he heyday of Suede saddles in the late 70's.... blimey they stuck to your shorts. S17's were popular as they were a lot cheaper than Unicantor...

Shaun

Circa 1990 as it is a Dyna Tech model .Yes the suede ones I have noticed seem to state 70-80's .Seen the Unicator which looks like the right style and again like the 3ttt.
Mike

Matt_wood55":2m07l358 said:
Raleigh only sold them as framesets, the Castorama team used Turbo's.

Somewhere on the net is a Cycling Weekly scan which details the full spec of Fignons bike. I had a quick look but can't find it. It may even be in a post on here somewhere.

Matt

It's in the road catalogue and magazine scan section on this forum.

Back