C-16R project 'Orange'

bontyfiend

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Took delivery of a C-16R frame from a member on here recently (I think it may have passed through a few RB sheds/garages in its time!)

Plan is to turn it into a fast commuter for the wife for a b'day present.

Here's how it was:

Attachments

• c16-r pre powder.jpg
    c16-r pre powder.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 654
Re: C16-R project 'Orange'

Took it to the powdercoaters before Christmas and had a call last week to say it was ready (they don't hurry!)

Got busy with the old Frame Saver today...

Attachments

• framesaver.JPG
    framesaver.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 646

...and here's the frame post powder (and treatment).

Great colour (I think, anyway); the finish is a little patchy in places but it was cheap!

Attachments

• c16-r0001.JPG
    c16-r0001.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 645
  • c16-r0002.JPG
    c16-r0002.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 645
  • c16-r0003.JPG
    c16-r0003.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 645
  • c16-r0004.JPG
    c16-r0004.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 645

Gathering bits now to build her up. I'm trying to use what I've got in the shed to keep the cost down but there's always something needs ordering...

First bits to arrive in the post are a shim (seatpost is odd 30.0 size) and a DMR Mechverter I'm going to use the pulley from for a bottom-pull mech:

Attachments

• shim roller.JPG
    shim roller.JPG
    27.4 KB · Views: 643

Finish looks a little dodgy? How much did you pay? I use 2 different set ups, one is OK ish for £30, the other charges 60 and is as good as any top enamel paint shop. Like the colour, Repsol Orange? ;) The build will look great though I'm sure.

Wold Ranger":2pdxpj9q said:
Finish looks a little dodgy? How much did you pay?
It was £20, and I can live with it... The place is quite nearby and I've had a few frames done by them, with varying results.

As you say, built up, it'll look good!

Managed to find an F7 to put on this - nice condition, too.

Stuck on some 105 mechs and headet, a set of M560 LX cranks and a ratty Kalloy seatpost.

Need to clean up some cantis and waiting on a stem, then should be able to crack on with the rest! Pleased with how it's turning out...

Attachments

• 1802.JPG
    1802.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 473
Would be interested to know what that shade of orange is? Is it metallic (it's hard to tell from the photos)?

Back