1996 WTB Steel Phoenix 26”/650B (Restomod)

WOW. amazing bike and collection. why not a potts 29er?
any differences between cunningham and potts type II? besides crown and dropouts.

jp22jp":22tpsqiq said:
WOW. amazing bike and collection. why not a potts 29er?
any differences between cunningham and potts type II? besides crown and dropouts.
Thanks. There's exciting 29'er/Potts stuff in the pipeline... but that pipeline can move very slowly. ;p

On Type-II's, the shape/length of the "spears" on the crown and the area above the dropouts (spoon vs. flat) are the obvious visual differences between CC and SP made forks. The basic construction and design are the same but each builder has his unique methods, fixtures and preferences. Don't forget that Ibis (Scot Nicol) and Willits (Wes Williams) also produced Type-II's at one time.

There aren't many bikes that deserve this kind of dedication to a restoration. The details here are mind blowing. That chainguide is simply beautiful.

Truly beautiful! So many details to look at.

I'm scratching my head wondering what's the purpose of a steering limiter?

really like that, seems abit strange to me position wise but if it fits you then that's cool, really like the details, not just the CC parts etc but also the Joe Bell paint, looks spot on.

blilrat":3q3z0eo0 said:
I'm scratching my head wondering what's the purpose of a steering limiter?
With the very tall brake linkage the concern is that, in an accident, the brake would damage the frame and/or vice-versa. If the bars (grips) squarely hit the top tube, that might not be absolutely necessary but even that can ding a TT. Definitely function over form.

halaburt":m0tpmxxg said:
With the very tall brake linkage the concern is that, in an accident, the brake would damage the frame and/or vice-versa. If the bars (grips) squarely hit the top tube, that might not be absolutely necessary but even that can ding a TT. Definitely function over form.

Interesting solution. Let's hope you never see an accident with that beauty.

I keep coming back to this thread, and finding more details I missed the first time.

Simply inspiring.

Back