The cost of fuel and Retrobike rides...

Oh please, am I really hearing a mass debate over the fact that you may have to spend a further £30 in fuel to get to all the meets. You wanna try running the intruder at a £1 per mile.

How about this solution to your problem. In stead of spending £20 at the services on the way for breakfast and some sort of rabbit food just make your own sandwich and also I don't think it's the fuel that is the factor I think it's the journey time, as someone said 6 hours for an 18 mile ride ain't good.

I have this sorted now, take for instance long mynd I will be there on the Friday and will leave on the Monday. By doing this I have a long weekend of riding and chilling and eating the food that I have cooked.

Morale of the story is buy one of these

int-01-LG-X2.jpg.web.jpg

int-09-LG-X2.jpg.web.jpg

ext-01-LG-X2.jpg.web.jpg

Thanks andy

Russell":21csj3e7 said:
Was talking to my boss today about a friend of his who's got a Rover SD1 with a Spitfire engine. Gets about 17 to the gallon on the motorway. Cruises at 600rpm though.

..... you should try fitting one of those to a series Land Rover, 15 mpg tops.

any123":291v72gh said:
Oh please, am I really hearing a mass debate over the fact that you may have to spend a further £30 in fuel to get to all the meets. You wanna try running the intruder at a £1 per mile.

How about this solution to your problem. In stead of spending £20 at the services on the way for breakfast and some sort of rabbit food just make your own sandwich and also I don't think it's the fuel that is the factor I think it's the journey time, as someone said 6 hours for an 18 mile ride ain't good.

I have this sorted now, take for instance long mynd I will be there on the Friday and will leave on the Monday. By doing this I have a long weekend of riding and chilling and eating the food that I have cooked.

ext-01-LG-X2.jpg.web.jpg

Thanks andy

Was going to buy one of these but could not afford a house with a large enough driveway!

any123":f32ls1kb said:

int-01-LG-X2.jpg.web.jpg

int-09-LG-X2.jpg.web.jpg

ext-01-LG-X2.jpg.web.jpg

Thanks andy

I think most people on Retrobike have too much taste to buy one of those...

Rich Aitch":107x2cwl said:
any123":107x2cwl said:

Thanks andy

I think most people on Retrobike have too much taste to buy one of those...

Then buy a retro one

Now even more pertinent - if I had a 'bleedin car to put 'bleedin fuel in, in the 'bleedin first 'bleedin place, I'd be a whole lot happier...

legrandefromage":17y6y6vi said:
Now even more pertinent - if I had a 'bleedin car to put 'bleedin fuel in, in the 'bleedin first 'bleedin place, I'd be a whole lot happier...

That dont sound good

Back