1990 Muddy Fox Courier Comp - yet another one

andyz

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Couldn't resist this ebay bargain as it was quite close to where I live and only £33! It looked a bit sorry to start with:

On collection, I realised that this bike had been hardly used, and had clearly never been offroad. It looked the owner had suffered a couple of punctures, and had given up with it. It had been in that garage for 20 years.

After a good clean, and a few upgrades, it looks like this:

Sorry for the rubbish photos, I was shivering :LOL:

I realise these old Foxes are a bit low-end compared with a lot of bikes on here, but I can't help loving them. Having said that, the frames are really nice, its just the groupset which is seriously cheapo.

Right, enough of that, I'm going out on my Pathfinder, in the snow. :)

Attachments

• CourierComp1.JPG
    CourierComp1.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 360
  • CourierComp2.JPG
    CourierComp2.JPG
    257.7 KB · Views: 360
And here's the Pathfinder in the snow of Knole Park, Sevenoaks, today. (crappy phone pic, sorry)

Attachments

• Photo-0080.jpg
    Photo-0080.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 336
Always good to see another one - as for "low end", it's all relative. The stuff I could afford back in the day was "low-end" but it did the job and I loved it. I wouldn't turn it down today. Good to see these bikes being used, especially after 20 years in a shed... :shock:

andyz":4sjykz3a said:
I realise these old Foxes are a bit low-end compared with a lot of bikes on here, but I can't help loving them. Having said that, the frames are really nice, its just the groupset which is seriously cheapo.

Personally I would rather have a muddy fox than a klein.

There is a certain honesty with entry level bikes that for me bring the enjoyment back where as the higher end just seem to be too much work

that green looks fantastic against the background of snow!

raidan73":2vlw6mm6 said:
that green looks fantastic against the background of snow!

Its been done before! I drew inspiration from this thread:

viewtopic.php?p=938899
He obviously has a better camera than me, and is a better photorapher!

It rained heavily last night and all our snow has gone :(

Back