Wookiee's 1991 Team Marin COMPLETE BUILD NOW FOR SALE!

Re: Wookiee's 1991 Team Marin...Almost there!

A bit big and aftermarket for my taste but kinda tie in with the saddle as a period upgrade you would have fitted BITD?

Would be good to see it in brochure mode too though... Defintely better side-on pics required when the sun comes out ;)

Even so it's looking the stuff of schoolboy dreams back when Chesney Hawkes was #1 :)

ringo":3lkvaxru said:
Love the bar and stem Wook...

It gives it a Kleinesque look... :D

Cheers mate...rather pleased with it myself...

lrh":2dvrrhl7 said:
A bit big and aftermarket for my taste but kinda tie in with the saddle as a period upgrade you would have fitted BITD?

Would be good to see it in brochure mode too though... Defintely better side-on pics required when the sun comes out ;)

Even so it's looking the stuff of schoolboy dreams back when Chesney Hawkes was #1 :)

Hmm maybe a bit big...I have always had barends on all of my bikes even my more modern 2008 Marin. I do have an original saddle but I have to say I think I prefer the Flite...And better pics as soon as the weather and my schedule permit!

They're probably like matchsticks in a Wookie's hands ;)

Yeah, I'm more of a Turbo man but the Flite looks totally spot on here!

Defintely one of my faves on the site, along with Dossa's Ridgeback which could be a cousin to this on the Prestige family tree :)

Above all, what has been achieved with this spruce-up is the frame/fork/bars/stem colour contrast, it hurts to look :shock: . ok i would say that but, it's the same with all 90/91/92 models with flouro bits.

That is what made you spot a marin a mile off back then and, still works now, 22yrs on :) Unless marin mountain bikes have a royalty deal with you, install whatever bar ends you like. that is how you would have tuned your machine back in the day, do so again. :cool:

looking rather sweet wookiee. :)

Cheers Marc

You get the award for "most help in getting it there"!

So just tyres and "butt plugs" then you promise to stop tinkering, right? Although, how about thumbies? ;)

The other owners will have to go some to beat this... I think I've counted 3 others now???

Re: Wookiee's 1991 Team Marin. 99% finished pics page 9....

Ok a few pics of the 99% finished bike...tried to find some sunshine today and got a bit! All that remains is the Smoke for the rear which is on its way. The bar ends are gone but I may well keep an eye out for some shorter ones! ;) Looking fine at the mo tho! Let me know what you think...

Wook

Attachments

• BeFunky_P1040652.jpg.jpg
    BeFunky_P1040652.jpg.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 350
  • BeFunky_P1040633.jpg.jpg
    BeFunky_P1040633.jpg.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 350
  • BeFunky_P1040642.jpg.jpg
    BeFunky_P1040642.jpg.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 350
  • BeFunky_P1040639.jpg.jpg