Fat Chance Ti Review - MBUK Summer Special '93 / MBA

Elevated

Dirt Disciple
I loved these MBUK specials, sure they were expensive, but you got a Mint Sauce freebie (the socks were cool) and some awesome bikes to drool over, like the fattest of the Fat:

fat-ti_mbuk_summer93.jpg

Another one, from MBA, December 1992. Same shot as the '92 Fat cat, but not so cropped.

fat-ti_mba-dec-1992.jpg

great work there ! I'd forgotten completely about this review, and will be going off dig out the issue and have a proper read. I think there's a test of a mnt. goat in there somewhere too.

Those 'specials' were ace! One of them, (cannot remember which year) had mint sauce in colour (2 pages) for the first time ever!

Cool...MBi ran a feature interview with Chris Chance on the FAT ti too in 1993, although it was in B&W.

What had always puzzled me was the little product of Iran sticker on the visible on the seat tube! (I guess this was some kinda joke?)

Heh i keep reading that item, great read on the b*g, can i recall that the frame also had a pump bracket!!, cheers alan.

:eek: yeah it's certainly a good read, read daily (at least :!: ) when the auction was running on eBay from where I scored mine. Elsewehere in that mag they test teh Roberts DogsBolx, which had forks that I reckon would make a good stand in lieu of the proper FAT Chance ones. Am looking forward to seeing how the build up progresses...esp with all the blue things

following on from what scant wrote, re a suitable fork, i telephoned CR today, bloke on the phone stated that they were not interested in MTB's now and concentrating only on road stuff, said that they hadn't made an MTB fork, for years now! Anyhow now looking for another frame builder that can do a Fat one copy, cheers alan.

ti-fat-man":2kdlethv said:
following on from what scant wrote, re a suitable fork, i telephoned CR today, bloke on the phone stated that they were not interested in MTB's now and concentrating only on road stuff, said that they hadn't made an MTB fork, for years now! Anyhow now looking for another frame builder that can do a Fat one copy, cheers alan.

Good luck with your search for a custom builder. My local builder does a ot of unusual mtb stuff, can give you his details if you like.

ti-fat-man":ayxct3if said:

Not identical, but comes pretty close: http://www.gleiss-rahmenbau.de/

Back