Show us your slick tyred MTBS

Here's mine, fitted with slicks as my commuter bike (slicks make so much more sense if you're doing mainly road riding on the bike!), was also my 1st singlespeed attempt, goes well (now with 46-18 gearing), fortunately it's fairly flat between home & work :LOL:

2013-01-07172132.jpg

2013-01-07172204.jpg

jimo746":o4gqp09z said:
Here's mine, fitted with slicks as my commuter bike (slicks make so much more sense if you're doing mainly road riding on the bike!), was also my 1st singlespeed attempt, goes well (now with 46-18 gearing), fortunately it's fairly flat between home & work :LOL:

2013-01-07172132.jpg

2013-01-07172204.jpg

Hubba Hubba... some pretty nice detailing there dude. But partial to a a flash of gold myself (see sig)
I am surprised that your 46:18 comes out at a lower gear than my 36:11... out of interest, do you know your chainstay length?

G

Whatleymeister":3i3h9b2j said:
my Kona that is now split and long gone:
Slicked it up for the Surrey100 ride. I quite liked it in this guise actually as it had a real skinny look to it.
Absolutely love how an old-school steel Kona looks on narrow slicks. Want one someday.
Here's my '99 Cannondale, the full story is linked in my signature.

Specialized All-Conditions Pro II 26x1.0 F+R
Cannondale-11-970x646.jpg

Specialized All-Conditions Pro 26x1.0 Front / Hutchinson Top Slick Gold 26x1.0 Rear
NB_CannondaleMay2008TopSlickGold.jpg

unkleGsif":3tius7w0 said:
I am surprised that your 46:18 comes out at a lower gear than my 36:11... out of interest, do you know your chainstay length?

It does? :?

No idea of chainstay length, I'll find out though...

:LOL: :LOL: I know where this has come from

Nothing wrong with making your bikes more versatile so therefore more usable depending on the conditions and use.

semi slicks are the furthest I have ever gone and at the time worked a treat

My Cannondale has had knobbly tyres mounted on it fewer than five times since new, and they've never been left on for more than a week.
Rigid hardtails make ace commuters in dense, flat-ish cities. Good brakes and the right gearing make them more accelerative and nimble than 700c machines, and they can take far more abuse in terms of hopping/hitting potholes, kerbs, etc. If I ever move back to London I might have to build an Explosif on slicks.

I should also add mums orange :

Orange.jpg

Feel free to take the piss with regards bar end positions and saddle, but its her bike and that's how she likes it ! (And its got some nice kit on it ;-))

WD :D

Back