s works frame- advice please...

CTK

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
my new proj... 94 S Works steel frame- exactly what I've been looking for, not sure how to build it up tho...

Attachments

• s works bike.jpg
    s works bike.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 1,765
A nice pair of black 'spesh' rigid forks would look good on the front :D
Naughty not mentioning the rust :evil:

Yep was naughty- but got it for a good price and now I look it is visible in his pic- (I would like to point out that the sofa in pic is not mine haha) it is just a fine layer of surface rust- If I get the frame refinished it'd be gone- but resprays are so bloody 'spensive and my last one did at Mercians seems to chip if you look at it funny!

OK chaps need a bit of advice...
Got pretty much all the bits I need to build it up, some are en route.
Its gonna be a SS build for now
Gone for red DX Vs and levers
Some American Classic/ Spesh wheels
A choice of either Bontrager or Groovy Forks
Cinelli Stem Syncros bars Zoom post...
Will sort pics out when bits arrive

ANYWAY... my problem is basically shall I get it resprayed first?
There is a bit of surface rust in BB (nothing serious but its there) also cable routing is set up for cantis and I want to use Vs. Paint is OK and of course it would be good to keep original -mainly worried about rust-

The way I see it is either get it resprayed now- prob identical, maybe red?
Or build it up use for summer then get it resprayed...
What would you do?
:D

Should not be a problem running V's.

I had to come up with a solution to run V's on my P-21 years ago. Has a similar cable guide at the back for the rear brakes. I ended up modifying a little piece I found in a junk box to allow the rear brake housing to enter the existing cable guide.

I'll try to put a picture of that in my build as soon as I can. Pic will explain it better than I can...

CTK, apologies for the terrible pics, however here is the bit I mod'ed to put v-brakes on this bike.

The part looked much like a cable housing ferrule with a threaded stud coming out the end. I chucked it up in a drillpress and pressed a file against the threads to file them away and make the stud small enough to fit into the cable guide on the frame.

The Ritchey's cable guide is just a little loop on the frame, so it was easy to install this little gizmo, whereas yours has a full-on tube brazed into the frame. You could simply do what I did and go with it from there. The only purpose in the little piece I made is to give the end of the housing a solid place to stay.

Attachments

• DSC08490.JPG
    DSC08490.JPG
    21.5 KB · Views: 1,425
  • DSC08491.JPG
    DSC08491.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 1,425
  • DSC08494.JPG
    DSC08494.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 1,425
Back