I am having a moan

joe careless

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Generally peeeed off with being unable to find something decent to live in and being surrounded by holiday homes that are empty nearly all the time or are rented out as holiday home businesses without the appropriate business and council taxes being applied, whilst residents are being shafted by rates both domestic and business if you actually work and live in place all the time when all you want to do is see your daughter grow up in a nice place and make a decent living.
Many people who live here are ending up living in bloody static caravans without the security of knowing they have planning permission to do so, younger generations see no hope and leave the place they love.
It isn't a welsh thing this is happening all over the countryside.
I love my daughter dearly, I don't give up, and to take a quote from BladeRunner
"I have seen things that you people won't believe"

there a bit better now

Cant understand why 2nd homes get half price council tax- should be double.

Where in Wales are you?

CTK":1u3dgh2e said:
Cant understand why 2nd homes get half price council tax- should be double.

Where in Wales are you?
Near St.David's, Pembs. My 'micro-business' is based there, tiny bike shop, repair and hire bikes, i cycle in. It is ridiculous the tax thing.

firstly taxes are not fair so moan as much as you like, it ain't goona change. I get taxed loads on stuff that does not affect me.

the solution is to buy a flat in central London and get your own back.

just be grateful you live in an area that has lovely mtb trakcs unless us poor suckers hwo are next door to the big smoke.

Writing this on a tablet, sat in a holiday home in Pembrokeshire watching the mist roll in through the beautiful hills outside the window.

Sorry.

02gf74":l6v7khk8 said:
firstly taxes are not fair so moan as much as you like, it ain't goona change. I get taxed loads on stuff that does not affect me.

the solution is to buy a flat in central London and get your own back.

just be grateful you live in an area that has lovely mtb trakcs unless us poor suckers hwo are next door to the big smoke.

Hmmm there are no Mtb tracks in the county, I am working to have agreed access on certain suitable routes with local and national bodies/authorities whilst mapping them.

Average property price is on a par with London

I worked away for many years transporting the HM's kit and personnel (scientific and military) by sea all over the world and I was glad to return to Wales to raise my family.

Welcome to Visit, just spend as much money as possible, but please stop buying up homes and leaving them empty.

This isn't a new thing really - been happening for years and, like you say, it's one of the challenges that faces people born in villages the country over. All the local villages by us are full of people who've moved out of towns to enjoy the 'country life' and priced out the residents who want their children to grow up in their area. I suppose part of the problem is planning legislation as well - obvious solution is to build more cheap housing - but then the village becomes a town and starts to lose all the reasons why you wanted your kids to grow up there in the first place. No idea what the solution is, tbh - but it is crap.

petitpal":bucl294u said:
This isn't a new thing really - been happening for years and, like you say, it's one of the challenges that faces people born in villages the country over. All the local villages by us are full of people who've moved out of towns to enjoy the 'country life' and priced out the residents who want their children to grow up in their area. I suppose part of the problem is planning legislation as well - obvious solution is to build more cheap housing - but then the village becomes a town and starts to lose all the reasons why you wanted your kids to grow up there in the first place. No idea what the solution is, tbh - but it is crap.

The problem is nowt to do with planning, or ones desire to live/retireraise puppies in the countryside.... the problem is the inherent need to procreate more offspring than the sum of the parental numbers.... and its the same the world over

2 parents with 3+ kids = NOT SUSTAINABLE

G

Back