Another muddy fox -1990 neon pathfinder..

mrgumby

rBotM Winner
It's getting a bit crazy but I now seem to be comfortably in double figures with my collection of 1989 and 1990 muddy fox bikes..

They are mostly 1989 and mostly courier comp (the bike I had as a kid that got nicked) :cry:
A sorcerer, a seeker, a 1989 pathfinder, a streetfinder...

And now, thanks to Saturday morning impulsive eBay buying:

a rather nice looking 1990 pathfinder in neon blue..

0739b1cd10cb235b663ff48be96f2005_zpsc95f156e.jpg

Much nicer than the dark blue version - goes better with the neon green courier comp too..

Only problem is pick up in Bristol.. Might have to go visit the inlaws...!

And the suntour parts are a bit crap too I think.. Tempted to strip it and rebuild with a 1989 mountain LX group.. I prefer thumbies..

And for some reason I love araya rims.. I think it must be a hangover from the BMX days..

That's all for now..

Matt

Sold my frame recently and I agree the Neon blue is nicer looking than the purple with gold splatter, the XCT components are heavy and clunky and really not wonderful at all. I re-built mine with a mix of XC Comp and XC Pro which now lives on the 89 Courier Comp. I didn't get on with the ride of mine as it placed you really head down roadie style and I didn't like it as it hurt my neck on the commute.

Carl.

Anything between '83 and '90 is nice, always thought Muddy Fox lost their way in the 1990s. Shame to see the state of the current M.F branded bikes, if you could call them bikes!

Back