1991 ex-Barrie Clarke Team Raleigh DynaTech

Re: 1991 ex-Team Raleigh DynaTech

Nice find Rob. Seems like your one in, one out policy has gone out the window of late :LOL:

There is a slight problem with this frame though, as I've already hinted at. It tried to go back to Raleigh to be fixed because after a short time from new this had happened:

Top of RH seatstay:
IMGP0174_zps00f801d6.jpg

IMGP0175_zpse15f12ca.jpg

RH seat stay nearer bottom:
IMGP0176_zps5d9c9edc.jpg

IMGP0167_zpsdcbd3041.jpg

RH Chainstay:
IMGP0188_zps2d2193ca.jpg

IMGP0189_zps0bf9fbb6.jpg

LH Chainstay:
IMGP0186_zps816e38a4.jpg

IMGP0184_zpsb20e93f0.jpg

IMGP0183_zps99a3700b.jpg

Seems like 2 years of hard racing had taken its toll. The frameset is really light including the rear stays - made especially for the team and as light as they can make it.
The rear end has a scary "ting" on the stays, seems like they are pretty much road bike tubes!!

My word that frame brings back some memories. I used to work for that shop on the chainstay "Dauphin Sport". Barry used to come into the shop and he was a top bloke. Caroline Alexander used to come up too and I will never forget crashing her Klein race bike with Girvins on it in the snow outside the shop.......happy times!

its unfortunate rob, but i'm not sure i would ever sling a leg over that and fully trust it.....will you go to the effort to restore it, or retire it gracefully?..... :D

feetabix":2qdbkby0 said:
its unfortunate rob, but i'm not sure i would ever sling a leg over that and fully trust it.....will you go to the effort to restore it, or retire it gracefully?..... :D

Patience dear boy... It's not that bad... It will be ridden again....

That's very cool Rob, what a great find.

Lets hope it can be fixed up and brought back to its former glory. Looks like it will take some real effort though.

Watching with interest for updates.

Caramba Kid":wzcox6p9 said:
Nice find! :cool:

Any chance of photo of the tubeset decal?
Is it the rare early team only 2080 (bonded Reynolds 753) tubeset? - would explain the steel chainstays

Probably your actual frameset in the video @ 1:55

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBs8gwATTOM

MATE.... :shock: YOU ARE A LEGEND..... that was exceptional footage.

:cool:

Back