The *NOT BORING!* Hi-Fi faff chat and sales

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re: The Hi-Fi Chat and sales thread

For my latest fumble...

Realised that although I am getting sound to Zone2 (the amp in the other room) for most things, it doesn't work for the PC which is connected via digital audio to COAX-1 (which the amp recognises as DVD). It also means that I have to unplug the PC lead to get the DVD to play.

The latter should be easy enough to fix by using a different input for the DVD player, say VDP, but is there something I might be missing to get Zone2 working for the digi input? Just occurred that I could try a different IN on the second amp perhaps? Will give that a go if I'm not beaten to it by a better suggestion!

Thanks as always! :D

Just remembered I want to change the DVD player audio to an optical connection so that might help with the clash?

legrandefromage":2uutpauv said:
guess nobody wants an amplifier then?

Sort of tempted by the Aura as a project... but not at that price ;)

Extra info, wondering if the amp that's in the other room (which is a bit older) may be struggling with a digital signal coming in? Doubt it but I'm clutching at straws! Realised that I really need to keep using the digi connection from the PC (rather than line out to two RCA) else I presume I'll lose the surround...
20130212_173249_zps1dd74d32.jpg

Back