The Alien has landed....

Next...

Delivery of a NOS 42t MD chainring (courtesy of Kingroon)
XC-Pro headset....hmmmm
Paint - ebay
Decals

Completion date? Who bl***y knows..... :facepalm:

That is a very nice colour, if it's not gone on to well get the wet n dry on it, 600 or 800 should do the trick. Try and get it nice and smooth just don't go back to metal.

its ooking good.

Cheers mate, I hate painting... it always looks crap - i've got no patience to do a top job. I might try a light rub down before I let loose with the 2nd can...!
I'm not sure the finish will warrant putting decals on, I reckon i'll just leave it naked.

Lots of light layers and keep the can moving is the only way with cans, warm the can up a tad as well.
The cold out side will be doing you no favors either.

Give it a good rub down and then 4-6 light coats and a light rub down between, well that's what have done in the past and it's turned out quite nice.

I'm quit tempted to pain mine in the same green as yours its a great colour, may be in summer after I have finished the Raleigh.

have fun.

Brian.

You done some nice work there. I bought one that was cracked with the idea I would fix it. Turned out to be way more work than I wanted to do. It is now hanging with some other classic frames and part in a local bike shop's pseudo-museum. I was able to use the fork off it for my Wilier. Glad yours has turned out so well, can't wait till its finished.

Latest posts

Back