D.O.G.S. B.O.L.X.

Ransetsu

Retro Guru
Anyone got one of these ? are they really as good as they say ?
anyone seen any second hand ones for sale ?
so many questions - so little time !

I had a Genesis for a while - slightly cheaper tubeset than the Dogsbolx and possibly a few cost-cutting measures. Was a nice bike - a little difficult to get a handle on it because it was too small for me. Someone turned up for a meeting on a fairly modern one a little while ago - seemed to think it was a nice bike.

They don't come up for sale that often - I can think of perhaps 3 or so in the past two years.

Was one on singletrack about 2 months ago (frame only no forks), he wanted about £100 which I thought was reasonable but when I contacted roberts to ask if they could refurbish the frame back to its 90's glory they said that a frame that old would probably be full of internal rust and not worth it :shock: , and that they couldn't do a replica fork - just a std taper style for £100+ :shock: :shock: .

gave up on that idea :(

Chas Roberts seems to hate mountain bikes and only made them to cash in a bit during the early 90s Brit bike boom (donkis knob, cats wiskas etc etc). Take a road bike to them and they are very passionate. Pity cos they were really nice

:shock:

Wow, that was the British bike back in the day (apart from Pace ofcourse :D) sad to think they feel that way...now if you took a bike back to Chris Chance....

Rich

Roberts

I think they're different if you are the original owner. Most Roberts frames are custom made so if you buy one S/H it probably won't fit you properly, even if it's technically the right size.

Tell them you've had it from new, see what they say then !

Wasn't the white spider their top end MTB?

Terry...

Back