Corratec Superbow build project

naffa

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Well I have always loved the Corratec Superbow but I never thought I'd be able to afford one. I love the frame design its unique to my knowledge and you dont see too many around.
I wasn't really looking for one though and I really wasn't interested in getting a 29'er, I'm really in love with my dirty-jo.
So when I was browsing PB I thought I'll have a look in the 29'er section and saw this Superbow frame which was for sale about 10 minutes drive from my home. It was advertised with headset and seat post for £100.
This morning I phoned the seller and arranged to view the frame. All I can say is I was smitten. Apart from some small scratches its totally sound and doesn't look as though its had a hard life.
So £50 later I'm the proud owner of my dream bike (well frame anyway) :)
I've just got to start getting things together for it now such as wheels and forks, might take a while.
What you think? I know the pics arent the best cause I was rushing before work and using my phone.
DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

I think the boy done well!!! Must be your lucky day to pick it up at that price.

I've always perved over the Superbows and their wacky paint jobs from bitd. Am sure that will build into a very nice frame and a bargain price as well!

£50... nice work :cool:

Get building it!! and spare the shimano please?

al. :D

:D I've now got my forks they're full Carbon :D

I'm hoping to have some wheels off Jamabikes and have hopefully got me some nearly new Geax Saguaro tubeless tyres.

Got all SLX / Xt drivetrain but stil need brakes, I'm working on it though

I wanted to ride today even despite the weather but on yesterdays ride there was something wrong with the front brake on my Dirty Jo. Inspecting it today it was clear the brake pads had disintegrated completely. Ride cancelled so I used my time to start the build up of the Corratec.
I'm waiting for bits and pieces to arrive but yesterday I got my forks, headset and hope stem so I put them on. I'll have to get the steerer cut down though :)

GEDC0016.JPG

GEDC0015.JPG

GEDC0010.JPG

GEDC0007.JPG

Hopefully my wheels will be here soon.

I managed to get some time to fit a few bits to the frame and get it rolling. So far the most expensive part of the build has been the frame. Wheels were a rare eBay bargain @ £42 and everything else has come in below that. I've got Shimano brakes to fit but I've lost or misplaced my front 180mm rotor so I couldnt really be bothered to fit anything else 'til I find it. (anyone got one lying around they dont need)?

Anyway a few pics.

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

Back