Official recommended or not paint-shop thread.

marc two tone":8v2tkeuu said:
Hi guys.

That pic is just half of it :) where the main man sits cracking the whip, there is a shelving system loaded with fancy colours and finishes. if i was to turn around, more there too( just didn't think to) :facepalm:

brocklanders, see them about a clockwork fade. they do flouro orange and various whites. various blues too, if that's what you need. fading is easy for them. it's stop/start that is a problem, don't ask me why, a 'trade' thing they can explain. ;)

marc.

When I next happen across a tatty Orange segment I'll do just that mate ;)

Hoping the one I've got on the way doesn't need it though :eek: :shock: :mrgreen:

Hi All,
I have come across this thread via another contact on this site and wanted to share my experience with Martin at ETOE.

As a lot of you have most likely read my thread I will not bore you with the email trails to back up my comments but they are available for any of you that want to see for yourselves if you are looking for a painter.

I was looking for a painter back in November and was advised on two, Jon Rock, and Martin at Etoe.

I went with Martin as he said he has no waiting list and gave me a time of 8-12 weeks delivered.

9 weeks in I politely asked for an update, he rudely replied saying that if I wanted it done faster I should get someone else to do it, I honestly only asked for an update and didn't even moan at him as It was within the time frame, and that he now thought the frame would take another 2-4 months.

I then questioned him on this as he didn't at any point say he had issues, or any thing else happening.

Not only was he extremely rude and ranted on about how us Klein owners are like Porsche owners expecting everything done for nothing, but he demanded I get my frame out of his shop with 14 days.

So currently it has cost me £250 in postage to and from Germany and I have nothing to show for it, its disgusting really.

And the frame is still not back with me, TNT have been to the delivery address 3 times and he has claimed to know nothing about it, and is now being very difficult.

If anyone on this site has any pull with the people that are advertised on here, as well as recommended can you contact me regarding Martin and what can be done to stop this happening to anyone else and get compensation from Martin as it was due to this site and its members I went to him so would appreciate some help there please.

So to end it, Martin has zero customer services, is rude to his customers, and is not someone who should be allowed to be recommended on here as well as advertise here.

Do not use him.

I did start reading the above post thinking "oh no another Klein painting war that's going to ruin the thread" but that seems something worth posting about.

Lets hope it is left at that - please?

On the "stop it happening again" thing - Martin will have paid for advertising on here so that would be Johns choice, but anyone can advertise anywhere so pulling the ads (and the much needed revenue for the site) probably won't accomplish anything.
As far as the other members recommended Martin, well that's up to you to decide whether they are good recommendations - personal recommendations don't come with any guarantee and no liability could be directed at who gave them unfortunately. You may just be a one-off.

I just realised I have a couple of pictures of sample colours from Triple S (from a couple of years ago), so I'll post them in case they're of use to anyone:

Triple+S+Colours+2.JPG

Triple+S+Colours+1.JPG

For any Chilterns riders there is a sprayer in Saunderton industrial estate (& grit / sand blaster next door) that does a decent job on a decent turn around, I've only used him for single colour motorcycle parts so far. Will update once I've got him to do some cycle work (planning on updating my Trek & Dialled this spring).

Rob Atkin":yyd1wt10 said:
Problem with triple S is that the colours above are ALL the colours they will do. Very limited.

They told me they could do other colours on request :? Didn't matter to me as one of those was exactly what I was looking for.

kingoffootball":32ho02e3 said:
Rob Atkin":32ho02e3 said:
Problem with triple S is that the colours above are ALL the colours they will do. Very limited.

They told me they could do other colours on request :? Didn't matter to me as one of those was exactly what I was looking for.

Agreed, they told me I could have what ever I wanted but would have to pay for them to get it in and would cost loads.

They do cost a lot (heard somewhere that the prices had gone up :shock: ) but then they really do know what they're doing and I've not heard anyone complain about the finish. If I had a frame I wanted to be perfect I'd go to them again but if I wasn't too bothered about the finish I'd try somewhere else for a gamble.

Back