Carrera Asics Team(Volans), Columbus EL

best riding steel road bike ive EVER riden...light, comfy, precise..
(if or when nephew grows out of it, or want something else...im ALL over it...even if it is a tad to small for me)
i agree on tires and saddle, a white or blue saddle was discused..but doner bike had the orange....and nephew and his dad wanted to go all the way...

just had a look in the old pics, and found this of both frames, before the switch of parts to the bigger frame
uhmmm, gotta love those Carrera`s

Attachments

• Carrera 52 el (8).JPG
    Carrera 52 el (8).JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 2,129
Another Carrera..this time for my brother
Promised him a bike, as he has given me a lot of good deal, and free mobile phones, over the years
Had a lot of parts lying around, sti`s, crankset, seatpost, wheelset, bar..etc
Thinks its a Carrera made on license, but someone would know?..any info

and thanks to Cipollini for the frame/forks..at a very good price

Attachments

• Carrera red.JPG
    Carrera red.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 2,013
Hi, I found lots of inspiration in your Carrera-project, especially the blue and orange colours in combination with a high end steel frame. I bought myself a used Carrera, removed the original components, gears, brakes and STI shifters, (105 5500 9 speed) and replaced them with a DA 7800 group that I bought years ago. Found some NOS stuff on ebay, bottle cages, Cinelli bar tape and spinachi extensions, IRC Paperlite tires and finally a Selle Italia saddle with "The devil" on it (a tribute to Claudio Chiappucci who rode in the Carrera team). I'm very pleased with the result, and I can't wait for the snow to disappear so I can take it out for a ride. :)

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1452601105755.jpg
    FB_IMG_1452601105755.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 1,629
It's Columbus EL (Extra leggeri). Here is some information from the manufacturer Columbus abort the tubing:
EL-Tube set for time trials over even terrain, climbs and triathlon events. Super-lightweight thanks to the reduced thickness of tubing made from the exclusive Nivacrom" steel with a very high yield point.
Double-butted tubes and oval, butted unicrown fork blades. Nivacrom Steel - Weight: 1670 g

Re:

.. see I have a Carrera bike too it's from Columbus EL but not in orange-blue. It is a Teambike of Carrera-Tassoni Proteam 1994. Someone from Vienna sold it to me two years ago.

It Comes with a Campagnolo C-Record / Record mix and Mavics SUP SSC. I completed it with the famous macro-splash bar tabe, red LOOK PP296 ARC pedals and a pair of MICHELIN Hi-Lite tires.

...but I am still looking for a Asics-Carrera bike or frame set like @fritzlite's one - I want such a bike, which had been ridden from my favourite Italian rider Michele Bartoli at 1998's Doyenne in Belgium.

If someone had one for sale please send a PM - Thanks in advance

Attachments

• carrera-tassoni1994.jpg
    carrera-tassoni1994.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 1,551
Re:

Just stumbled upon this thread . I have just picked up a Carrera of similar age and paintwork , although mine is oversized aluminium.

Full ultrega apart from brakes just waiting for a new bottom bracket to arrive and then the fun can begin.

Attachments

• IMG_20170514_195922655.jpg
    IMG_20170514_195922655.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 1,256
Back