does anybody ride in coventry?

I try to get out once a week (family commitments allowing!), normally on a Thursday evening from Weston Under Wetherley doing a loop that includes Wappenbury woods, brandon woods, and Ryton Pools around 15-30miles depending on the mood. However I've been riding my modern bikes on these rides :0

There are loads of local riders though, have a look here: http://www.godivatrailridersforum.org/forum/index.php

I know this thread is three years old, but are there any rides or routes going on? I've decided I should start riding my MTB rather than just staring at it. I know where Weston Under Wetherley and Wappenbury Woods are because I ride through there on my road bike a couple of times a week - easy for me to get to.

I'm still in Weston under wetherley (just further up from the church), need to start putting some miles in as I've not been riding much recently. Intend to start getting out one evening a week preferably after 7 so it will be a lights job. Not hugely fit was going to start with Weston woods out towards hilltop farm and back via the old rail track and ryton pools... But only my more modern bike is built at the moment, my chuck frame is in the process of being built up! Where are you?

Coventry city centre, so Weston under Wetherley is about half an hour's ride away - probably limited to weekend rides myself. A daft question perhaps, but where exactly do you get into Weston woods?

Woods to the right coming out of leamington; there's an opening just before them on the right, small drop down then follow the path around the edge of the field over a little bridge then take a left into the woods. Not very big but a nice way to start a ride.

Wappenbury woods (the other side of Weston) you can get into either from ryton pools (gate pretty much the opposite corner to the carpark), or coming from Weston go up the road and after the short climb there's a farm on the right, on the opposite corner go through the gate down over two fields and into the woods. You can piece them together in one ride coming up through that farm!

Used to do these then out across to coventry and into binley woods then back again through ryton!

As you're over in cov I'd concentrate on binley woods, I don't know them that well but you can spend a good hour or two if you know it... So I'm told!

Back