New Daccordi Furiozo Frame.

S1m0nR

Old School Hero
Hello everyone,

I wanted to share my new frame with you to see what you think about it. I found this for sale in London and after a lot of consideration (as I have enough bikes already) couldn't resist it. I don't know much about the chap who built it, or indeed how old it is, but a quick Google revealed that his frames are fairly well respected. I can stick the various serial numbers up on here if that'd help anyone to give me more info about it.

My plan is to build it up with current Campag 10-speed Centaur components and then ride it during the summer months as my daily road bike. I'm used to vintage Raleigh 531c framed bikes so hopefully this will be a similar experience in terms of comfort and performance.

The only problem I have is I don't know what sort of head bearing set it should have - does anyone know what would fit it, both in terms of sizing and manufacturer?

Cheers for now,

Simon R.

Hi Simon,
The Furioso model name was used on a few different frames by Daccordi. Some years the tubes were round, some were shaped like yours, I think they even carried on the name when they switched from steel to aluminium.

I would guess your frame dates from the early 90s but I don't know any way of telling even with a serial number unless you contact Daccordi themselves.

As for headset type is it a threaded fork steerer or plain?

I will make a sweeping statement regarding the ride quality and say it will probably feel stiffer/firmer than your Raleigh 531c. That's just a wild assumption based on nothing more than gut feeling!

Welcome to the Daccordi owners club.

Mark.

Dashes of fluoro paint suggests late 80s/early 90s?
Judging by the length of the fork steerer, looks like it would take a threaded 1" headset - expect a Campagnolo Record one would do nicely.
Oversize tubing suggests a slightly firmer ride than 531 too.

Daccordi are well regarded brand, but perhaps didn't keep apace of frame developments and materials in comparison to some of the other Italian brands - in the 80s and 90s they were as well regarded as the likes of Pinarello, DeRosa and Colnago.

Thanks for the replies, chaps - v. interesting.

I measured the forks last night and they are just under 1" in diameter (by about 0.5mm) and the internal diameter of the frame's head tube is a tad under 30mm. Seems stupid to question it but does the fact that this is an Italian frame mean that I need to find a headset with Italian thread?

I was looking on t' Internet last night and came across a few Campag headsets that are listed as BC-threaded. Anyone know what that means?

Cheers for the info.

BTW, the bottom bracket has 585 and 58TH stamped on it I guess if I contact Daccordi they might be able to say when it was made.

Italian and British headset threads are interchangeable so you are safe to use either. The Sheldon Brown website advises against swapping between them but that might only be an issue with steel headsets.
You'll need to measure the steerer length of your forks and the head tube to get an idea of the correct stack height on the new headset. Campag Record 1" threaded ones are still available from Parker International http://www.parker-international.co.uk/2 ... adset.html for £45.

The 585 and 58 refer to the frame size and aren't serial numbers. Probably 58 is the seat tube centre to centre in cm, 585 is the top tube in mm - that's how it is on mine. Or it could be the other way round. No idea what the TH means - possibly a simple date code?

Mark.

Great - thanks Mark!

I'll just order the Campag Record stack once I've measured up, now I know that the threads are good as interchangeable.

I think there are other numbers stamped into one of the rear drop-outs which might be the serial number in that case.

Anyway, now begins the gradual purchase of Campag kit - I'll post a few pics of it as I build it up.

All the best for now,

Simon R.

Back