Eddy Merckx Paint Scheme

TheElectronicKid may be on to something. At first glance it looked lavender to me, but the pic next the the metallic grey brake calipers definitely makes it look pink/grey/black. And not pink/lavender/black. Fwiw I have never seen an Eddy with a bad knock off of this paint scheme, and I don't remember seeing them in the catalogue back then. But, Merckx being a low output manufacturer, anything is possible.

OP could you confirm? Or post Picts with a little less lighting so the colors won't get washed out?

For reference: I fond another post on this site with pics of a similar paint scheme so you can see what one should look like. viewtopic.php?f=47&t=235745

MartinB123":3ks28r1x said:
Interested in the forks if you decide to sell (once you find a replacement!) feel free to PM me as & when.

Matt - to follow up Martin's comment above, and in equally complete seriousness, if you get shot of the stem too I'd be interested in snapping it up for my own road bike. I like the ITM Eclypse model and they aren't easy to find in threadless format. What length is it?

David

Hia sorry for not replying. I'm on holiday so don't have access to this. Thanks for all the comments really appreciated

Finney - thanks for that I've had a look but deep pockets is the key. Perhaps what I saved on the frame could go on the forks.

Jamie - nice one. Yeah fits like a dream had a mbk before but was huge and heavy. Love the eddy.

Martin - If I get rid they are all yours mate no worries!!

Monkeymsp - the colours are red for sure (not pink or lavender)/pearl white/black and grey ill upload better pics soon. And clean it haha

David B - same applies if I get rid you have dibs!! Cant remember size Ill send the details when I'm back.!

Cheers really appreciated

yup, it's a genuine eddy alright - look at the engravings on the bottom bracket, seat stays
and brake bridge...

all it needs is a nice dura ace/ campag record groupset to do it justice!

oh and for heaven's sake, get the nose of that saddle sorted - tut tut!! :roll:

nice find.

:)

Merckx made his bike in various color schemes. You will probably know the most common ones (Motorola, 7-11, etc.), but there are also less known colors. For example, I sold a green/white color Merckx a couple of years back that was made for an amateur world champion who was sponsored by a company which carried a green/white logo.

I have loooooads of experience with vintage Merckx frames and yours is definitely genuine! And a very nice one too. Just keep looking on eBay and the like for the right fork.

Latest posts

Back