Changing my contract phone soon, choices?

First of all don't get an upgrade, end the contract you have and take out A new one through carphone warehouse No one can touch them for tarrifs. I went from a 41 quid a month upgrade option to a 21 pound a month new contract. Same network provider and same Tartuffe but the difference was T-Mobile wanted to add the cost of the phone into the contract and cpw diddnt. T-Mobile said it's because cpw write the cost of the phone off against the commission they get front the contract I said I diddnt care 41 quid or 21 quid both with T-Mobile and both the same tariff, wasn't too hard to figure that one out
Second get an iPhone they suck big style but only for people who want to get into the phone for 99 percent of people that don't care about being controlled by the great lord apple they do the job they are over priced and the tarries are limited but like I say most people want a phone they can just text and play angry birds on lol. Anyway good luck in whatever you decide

all ive had is htc and love them, one thing i did was to get the cheepest deal handset i could find with unlimited internet, i then bought a decent second hand handset online (got a good deal here) i now only pay £10-15 a month. i use skype and watsapp with familly and friends so it dosen't use up my minuites

What chute said - the contract should be on your terms.
Somebody said to me you can gte a 36 month contract!?!!!

Chute55uk":1ehszk7q said:
First of all don't get an upgrade, end the contract you have and take out A new one through carphone warehouse No one can touch them for tarrifs. I went from a 41 quid a month upgrade option to a 21 pound a month new contract. Same network provider and same Tartuffe but the difference was T-Mobile wanted to add the cost of the phone into the contract and cpw diddnt. T-Mobile said it's because cpw write the cost of the phone off against the commission they get front the contract I said I diddnt care 41 quid or 21 quid both with T-Mobile and both the same tariff, wasn't too hard to figure that one out
Second get an iPhone they suck big style but only for people who want to get into the phone for 99 percent of people that don't care about being controlled by the great lord apple they do the job they are over priced and the tarries are limited but like I say most people want a phone they can just text and play angry birds on lol. Anyway good luck in whatever you decide

I think that all depends on the phone and the contract, I just checked mine and there was £3 difference, still worth a look come upgrade time especially when you can get free stuff!

Chute55uk":3hvxo3ge said:

I've just looked and I could get the Galaxy S3 for loads cheaper there I'll defo check them out at the end thanks for the heads up :)

Alison

Alison, what do you use your phone for mostly? Do you really need all the features a Smart Phone offers?

I've had an iPhone 4 since it was first released. Nothing wrong them in my opinion. Great build quality, pretty damn good battery life and pretty easy to use. If you're really into customizing the UI it's not too difficult to Jailbreak. Only cons are you need to be careful when upgrading Firmware if you ever want to unlock the phone to other networks. As for screens being smashed; the beauty of iPhones is they are popular, therefore replacement parts are cheap and guides are plentiful.

Android has to be Rooted to unlock the true potential of the handset; so pretty much the same as Jailbreaking for iOS. Some of the more recent Android handsets are pretty slick. If I was in the market for a new Android phone I'd be looking at the Nexus 4, S3 or the Xperia Z. Don#t bothe with a 4G to be honest, wait until tariff costs come down (which will be awhile )

I agree with Chute, shop around. You'll find a much better deal. I personally use PAYG on Three. £15 for 3000 texts, 300 minutes and unlimited data.

Cool beans, I was being slightly offensive while referring to the iphone or sheep phone as I like to call them. I would get an s3 any day of the week but dont discount the windows 8 phones either I have a galaxy note and I see the note 2 kicks absolute ass if you can live with the size. Ive had iphones and Mac's and ipads I have none now, apple are like the old bag in nanny mcphee, way too controlling

Chute55uk":29xxbnbz said:
Cool beans, I was being slightly offensive while referring to the iphone or sheep phone as I like to call them. I would get an s3 any day of the week but dont discount the windows 8 phones either I have a galaxy note and I see the note 2 kicks absolute ass if you can live with the size. Ive had iphones and Mac's and ipads I have none now, apple are like the old bag in nanny mcphee, way too controlling

I too am not one to go for what's 'popular' it all started with the white headphones (which sounded shit and were uncomfortable)

I have to hand it to apple though, their products do seem to last, in my opinion. I've got a 1st generation iPod Touch, and it's still going strong. AAC at 160 Kbps I get at least 20 hours of audio playback.

The price of their phones is daft. When considering a contract phone, do the maths and work out what you pay for the tariff as the handset is recouped in the contract itself.

theproudhighway":1u7dxera said:
Alison, what do you use your phone for mostly? Do you really need all the features a Smart Phone offers?

I use my mobile for calling, texting, music, camera and internet when the children are hogging all the computers :) and of course I have to keep up with the Jones', well my older children anyway :D

Alison

Back