Campagnolo Contax rim 28H in silver

Re: black Dia Compe 986 canti's, Hi-E hubs....

Are you trying to build something catalogue spec!?

Been looking out for those Hi hubs for years, do they actually exist?

The black Dia brakes do but don't crop up often unlike the silver ones which are much more common, good luck, Ash.

Vinevo":31qrc8up said:
Are you trying to build something catalogue spec!?

Been looking out for those Hi hubs for years, do they actually exist?

The black Dia brakes do but don't crop up often unlike the silver ones which are much more common, good luck, Ash.

:roll: :roll: :roll: me? mmmm...i don't like catalogue spec......but an Adroit UltraLight that would be nice.....

I know someone who has some of these hubs....I saw a front hub 28h some months ago on e-bay, but missed it....

I got some pair of silver 986's, so that's a start! Maybe anodize a pair in black.....

But besides the Hi-E hubs, the Campagnolo Contax rims 28/32h, it's really difficult to find the right Gripshift set for Suntour XC Pro....and what about the freewheel......

Maybe built a Klein Adroit "Tigern" UltraLight with the same idea, but some other components.....

Thanks!

I was also thinking to build up a Klein with the ultralight group but at the end I decided to go for the Campagnolo Centaur/Euclid.
It will be hard to find the Hi E hubs :cry: (I saw it on ebay too).
If I see what you are looking for I will let you know.
The option of Tigern Ultralight it sounds good as well
Good luck

hehehehe... I may have a third set coming in... waiting on final specs... first two sets allocated but I don't think I have three UL builds in me...;)

DSC_0392.jpg

Pics of the first two wheelsets coming up soon...

Problems with the UL build are Ti axles for Suntour pedals and campy FW, I've found nearly two sets of everything else, both Contax and Atek rims for 91 and 92 builds.

mkozaczek":2g69gpvw said:
hehehehe... I may have a third set coming in... waiting on final specs... first two sets allocated but I don't think I have three UL builds in me...;)

DSC_0392.jpg

Pics of the first two wheelsets coming up soon...

Problems with the UL build are Ti axles for Suntour pedals and campy FW, I've found nearly two sets of everything else, both Contax and Atek rims for 91 and 92 builds.

i know someone who is really interested in a pair of Hi-E hubs :roll: :roll: :roll:

Did you managed to figure out the shifting or did you find a pair of cx-dt 256's?

The Ti axles and the Campagnolo freewheel will be reallydifficult to find, maybe the freewheel was even special made for the UL-builds.....

So thats what they look like, if only there were more available .....

So, I can get a pair of silver Hi-e hubs, 32 front, 32 rear, with a high flange on the drive side. Probably 126 or 130mm spacing.

Tempting, tempting.....but no 28h....

Is it hard to converse the rear to a 135mm?

tigern":bxdxuy2h said:
Tempting, tempting.....but no 28h....

Is it hard to converse the rear to a 135mm?

Do you have access to machining tools or lots of spare Hi-e parts? If so then the answer to your question is no. If no, then the answer to your question is yes.

Back