1990 YETI F.R.O.

ameybrook":2fp1jylf said:
2nd gen headtube badge, assuming original, is pre 91. Chainstay gusset was added around the time they swtiched to Evo headsets I think

Thank you, according to the seller, it originally had the sliding Yeti man..... These decals were bought from velocals by the last owner and supplied to me with the frame. I couldn't resist putting them on! I've ordered the sliding Yeti version (3rd gen?) to replace it.

When was the evo head tube introduced?

benbonty":1z83fezp said:
When was the evo head tube introduced?

August 89. Can you read the serial number on the BB shell?

Sometime in 92 they added the welded seatclamp and "sleeved" upper seattube.

ameybrook":1pc4ancm said:
August 89. Can you read the serial number on the BB shell?

I had assumed not for some reason, but I've just checked and its clearly visible! It is '1852'.

This is going to look really nice - great selection of kit - those syncros bars are :cool:

What size seatpost does it take? My 1990 has a evo headtube, 26.8mm post and no gusset on the chain stay.

CANTILEVER":2rugfgxh said:
Fantastic black hourse, I like the components........very good job! ;)

Thank you! I'm going to start putting it together this weekend! I'm hoping it'll look good.

nevadasmith":3ig6hchy said:
This is going to look really nice - great selection of kit - those syncros bars are :cool:

What size seatpost does it take? My 1990 has a evo headtube, 26.8mm post and no gusset on the chain stay.

Thanks, I'm hoping its a 26.8mm post, as that's what I have.... Not tried it yet though and the fact that the collar isn't even close to fitting onto the seat tube worries me slightly!

Ben that looks great,as I told you I never opened the packaging because I knew I would keep it!!
Am gutted I had to sell her (spent too much on hols!)
But when you left I knew I had made the right decision.
Enjoy and if you ever want to sell give me a shout first!!!!!

Back