MKM

IanSmalley

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
My MKM from the 1970's with some newer parts (1980's)
Having problems with picture size? getting this message The file is too big, maximum allowed size is 512 KiB. The picture is the same size as the first picture and normally I can post bigger pictures?

Attachments

• MKM fully restored 006.JPG
    MKM fully restored 006.JPG
    200.1 KB · Views: 441
That's come out nice...an imposing machine...24" c-t? I see you were able to salvage some chrome. Hope you got 5 or 6 cogs on the back and haven't had to cold set the chainstays..but you know..whatever you have to do! Been thinking about this one and the old colour...could it have been original?(I know the forks were chrome underneath etc) I think Sammontana team had a similar colour in 1973 season, I guess you could call it "Sammontana banana", so if this is '74 it could have easily been influenced by that? If you're interested, search for an image of Franco Bitossi 1973..

Very similar to my putative 1975 mystery frame (but an inch taller if i've guessed right) Can I request a pic of the seatstay tops?

BTW, the pics on your other thread were huge!

That's come out nice...an imposing machine...24" c-t? I see you were able to salvage some chrome. Hope you got 5 or 6 cogs on the back and haven't had to cold set the chainstays..but you know..whatever you have to do! Been thinking about this one and the old colour...could it have been original?(I know the forks were chrome underneath etc) I think Sammontana team had a similar colour in 1973 season, I guess you could call it "Sammontana banana", so if this is '74 it could have easily been influenced by that? If you're interested, search for an image of Franco Bitossi 1973..

Very similar to my putative 1975 mystery frame (but an inch taller if i've guessed right) Can I request a pic of the seatstay tops?

BTW, the pics on your other thread were huge!

Yes it is 24", 5 cogs 14-24 at the moment and I have a 14-18 close ratio for time trials! I'm not sure if it was the original paintwork, it was not hard to remove.

A picture of the seatstay tops.....

Attachments

• mkm READY FOR RESPRAY 008.JPG
    mkm READY FOR RESPRAY 008.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 411
Ah so it's YOU who's been hoarding the 5-blocks? :x ...... :)
Thanks for the picture....Not hijacking..just show mine for comparison...points are almost touching at the top so there's not much seatlug above them on the sides.You look to have a bit more distance between yours..
004.JPG

Another veiw for you, it does look very similar. Do you have a frame number?

Attachments

• MKM fully restored 049.JPG
    MKM fully restored 049.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 378
Yes a bit more distance..thanks. Yes I do have a frame number, but a 5 digit one starting with '75' so probably not an MKM. I was struck by some stylistic similarities which may say nothing more than: 'mid-'70s British road frame in 531db'. I have the same fork-crown, brazings (more or less) and rear end spacing too. The original bracket shell was 65mm.

Latest posts

Back