Retrobike rides and events 2013

I have not listen that thing in past. Therefore i can't said any words about it. I know only ride bicycle,.,

How many of the national rides are on a Saturday? I can't ride on Sundays and it only seems to be the Peaks ride on a Saturday now this year. :-(
A lot of the rides say sat or sun.

• Rd 1: Lake District ~ Saturday 23rd March

• Rd 2: Long Mynd ~ Sunday 28th April

• Rd 3: Aviemore - Scotland ~ 25th and/or 26th May

• Rd 4: North York Moors ~ Weekend of 20th - 21st July - main ride on Sunday

• Rd 5: South East/Surrey Hills ~ 17th or 18th August

• Rd 6: Peak District ~ Saturday 14th September

• Rd 7: Cotswolds ~ 12th or 13th October

Round 3: Aviemore will have a ride on both the Saturday and the Sunday.
Round 4: NYM will have a ride on both the Saturday and the Sunday (with the main ride on Sunday)
Round 5: Surrey Hills still needs the ride leaders to decide on either day.
Round 6: Peak District has always been on a Saturday
Round 7: Cotwolds also needs the ride leaders to come to a decision on which day the ride will take place.

In general there has usually been a pretty even split between rides taking place on the Saturday and those taking place on the Sunday.
Sadly, whichever day we go for will never make everyone happy.

Exactly, as a lot of us prefer Sundays :)

Saturday is a day for work*
Sunday is a day for play

*or building the bike up, family etc.
Really I find Sundays easier as there is no rush after work and if I did travel a long way it easier to travel on the sat and ride on the Sunday.

Peoples motives vary. These long weekends seem a nice idea, still the south for me is a long way to go ride just 20 miles.

From your replies it sounds like you think I am complaining! I suppose I might be, but I'm not bothered too much. It's just that I need to plan ahead and I wasn't sure what was happening on the days where both the Sat and Sun were pencilled in.

Ah, but if we ride on Saturday and camp cunningly close to Spencer, then that's a whole weekend of fun! Well not so much fun Sunday morning, but you get my drift... :D

Rob Atkin":153uuaoh said:
Fluffy - Aviemore I really want to go to but even in Yorkshire it's a 6hr drive!!!!!

And we're halfway there compared to some :).
Quicker to go riding in Europe :eek:
Be bloody good though from what I remember skiing down as a teen'

Back