Scanned in my old Claud Butler

adrian

Dirt Disciple
Here she is, my pride and joy, at the time, check out the campag chainset, XT thumbies and DX group.
Raced it for about a year in the early 90's, went to college, discovered booze and girls, and that was about it for cycling really for about 8 years.

Attachments

• claud butler new spec.jpg
    claud butler new spec.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 1,401
:cool: now that's proper Retro, it's got that 'small frame stretched to fit the rider' look.........love it :cool: :cool: :cool:

That is a great bike, Its amazing how things change (even on retro bikes)as I bet there are not many here that insist on toe clips....... them were the days!

Nice, proper old school :cool:

Loving the T Bone stem ;)

And its nice to see that I wasnt the only one that put roadie bar tape on my bar ends!

He He :LOL: , I had toe clips too....took me a few years to move up to SPD's.

Gravy Monster":1a4pjqk2 said:
That is a great bike, Its amazing how things change (even on retro bikes)as I bet there are not many here that insist on toe clips....... them were the days!

Just rebuilt my GT and fitted the original clips and straps as i dont like spd's :cool:

Bravado025.jpg

Toe clips were great, the only draw backs were, if they were too tight your feet went numb, and they wrecked your trainers.
I put roadie tape on the onza's, because in the winter they were so bloody cold.
I used to love this bike, not the lightest, but one of the strongest.
I remember going down this steep hill at a race in the Quantocks, and passing loads of riders on the way. What I didn't realise was there was a jump at the bottom. I can't remember much about it. I do remember waking up in hospital, with a loads of other cyclists, who had done exactly the same thing.

My face was wrecked and I had concussion, the bike had two scratches on the top tube were the bar-ends had cliped it.

Try doing that on a light weight alloy or carbon bike now!

see picky

Attachments

• OOch after Quantocks.jpg
    OOch after Quantocks.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 1,285
Back