Wookiee's 1991 Team Marin COMPLETE BUILD NOW FOR SALE!

Re: Wookiee's 1991 Team Marin...Almost there!

looking forward to seeing the complete bike chap

sylus":2f80fqw5 said:
looking forward to seeing the complete bike chap

Looks sweet but yet undecided whether the onza bar ends add to it or spoil it...a sneak pic of the "naked" bars and stem, although very hard to capture the colour and the tonal difference between the stem and bars is berely noticeable in the flesh. I was so worried about damaging the new finish as I slid the new bars in. Lots of fairy liquid and a screwdriver wrapped in a rag between the stem/bar clamp (with bolt removed), to open it up a bit! Worked a treat!

Attachments

• bars 1.jpg
    bars 1.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 236

Looking good Doug.... I wish the zolatone on mine was as good as yours!! :shock:

1 vote for no bar ends ;)

Rich

Why not.... leave the levers/shifters off for now then try just grips and bar ends..see over a few days wether it grabs you. Then try just grips with no bar ends and again a few days of staring at it. This way you won't get multiple marks from moving the shifters/levers as you move things around.

sylus":23ndybsl said:
Why not.... leave the levers/shifters off for now then try just grips and bar ends..see over a few days wether it grabs you. Then try just grips with no bar ends and again a few days of staring at it. This way you won't get multiple marks from moving the shifters/levers as you move things around.

Its all assembled with sti's grips and bar ends on...looking again today I kinda like them but wonder if I should have gone for stubbies rather than Lbends...

Toe-Clips and bar-ends go together, you can't have one without the other!

But hopefully they don't stand out too much? Could ruin an otherwise "factory" look. Are they pink too? :LOL:

lrh":k4wlof8x said:
Toe-Clips and bar-ends go together, you can't have one without the other!

But hopefully they don't stand out too much? Could ruin an otherwise "factory" look. Are they pink too? :LOL:

No not pink onzas! But it did come with toeclips originally...

Right well a couple of pictures to show where I'm at! Still needs the smoke and some handlebar stops but pretty much as it will look finished. Opinions on the barends appreciated,

- No barends?
- Shorter stubby barends?
- Or fine as they are!

When the weather is good I'll take some better pics its all a bit grey and dismal here!

Attachments

• with bar ends 3.jpg
    with bar ends 3.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 164
  • with bar ends 2.jpg
    with bar ends 2.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 164
  • with bar ends 1.jpg
    with bar ends 1.jpg
    251.5 KB · Views: 164

Love the bar and stem Wook...

It gives it a Kleinesque look... :D

Back