And today I did......

RobMac":1vzz7bwg said:
And brace your self Panda should get a bit of mileage out of this pic :roll:
This is before I started to modify it :twisted:

Picture1one888_zps92b97fda.jpg

That's got "Blue Oyster Club" written all over it :)

don't know anything about motorbikes, but that's one purposeful looking machine, very nice. very dodgy pic tho

Kaiser/TK - had a look at the map to work out the name of the hill briefly discussed in the taybank. turns out to An Gearanach, it's at one end of the round known as the Ring of Steall. searched An Gearanach, mountain bike - and low and behold the singletrack thread came up.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic ... ros/page/8

Also mentioned in the very same post is TK's German friend, who was also discussed over the very same meal.. spooky

"We bumped into a German who has spent the last month riding in Scotland and is heading for Greece! Fair play to the Germans, they know how to tour!"

I did the Ring of Steall last summer (same weekend ad 10UTB I think) and whilst most of it is utterly pedestrian there are a couple of "scrambly bits" that I wouldn't go anywhere near on a bike :shock:

That said I think the link refers to a circuit of paths rather than the ridge itself.....

Panda at rest
steall3.jpg

Girl on a pinnacle
steall11.jpg

:p

gmac123":2grvrhb6 said:
don't know anything about motorbikes, but that's one purposeful looking machine, very nice. very dodgy pic tho

Kaiser/TK - had a look at the map to work out the name of the hill briefly discussed in the taybank. turns out to An Gearanach, it's at one end of the round known as the Ring of Steall. searched An Gearanach, mountain bike - and low and behold the singletrack thread came up.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic ... ros/page/8

Also mentioned in the very same post is TK's German friend, who was also discussed over the very same meal.. spooky

"We bumped into a German who has spent the last month riding in Scotland and is heading for Greece! Fair play to the Germans, they know how to tour!"

great pic's, looks like a splendid day to be in the hills...

we did a drunken camping trip and walked with the wimen folk the next day so didn't do the complete round.. can't remember anything dodgy, however we only did the three tops, An Gearanach, An Garbhanach & Stob Coire a'Chairn (not even sure we went far). I believe most of excitement is on on the latter tops :?:

i've completed many days in the hills over the last 25 years, a number of days each year and it's with regret I've not logged them as I've went

Damn, I'd managed to forget about that top photo and now I've just seen it again. :roll: :roll:

Anyway, today I fitted new forks to my Killer V. Built it up last year but only ridden it once as the elastomer in the headshok was dust. Sourced a replacement from Germany but couldn't find anyone with the correct tool to strip the fork. Decided it was easier to buy a working fork, so I've been waiting on ebay for the right one in a decent colour. Got one last week and fitted today. It's a newer air sprung fork with straight legs and disc tabs, not period correct (out by a 4-5 years) but it works and is a kind of platinum colour so looks ok without a respray. All recent ones have been blue, red or yellow and the black ones have all been disc only so I'm happy to compromise. Originally fitted a 4 arm lx chainset from 97 as it matched the rest of the xt group, but consensus was a 5 arm would look better. Found a 5 arm Coda chainset on ebay and just waiting on that. Photos once I've got that fitted, then I can actually enjoy it. Amazed already how light it is.

Back