Singular Pegasus, rigid Ti 29er singlespeed

Very, very nice - just needs an HBC (or Boone) titanium sprocket to replace the Surly ;)

You'll like the forks , those Salsa Cromoto Grande are superb, especially for not much money - I have a set on my Carver 96er.

Thanks again guys,

You are too kind with a more than warm welcome for such an overtly "modern" big-wheeled bike, herecy to some. I guess the steel forks make for bonus points over here.

Re Ti Luv handles, that is a good suggestion. But like I did with the Jones I'd like to try a budget model before committing the funds for the real thing. Should really try and hook up with Yo-Eddy in Schoorl IIRC he has some.

Re the Boone sprocket, I'd love one in 19 or 20t. I was outbid on a 17t Boone cog this week on the bay, maybe someone here got it? For pictures it would be awesome but 38x17 would be hard to maintain off-road, though very manly. There's some klones on e-bay but not for me, Boone site lists rings again as they are having them made under license.

Re the Salsa forks, I 've been riding a set in the Curtlo for the last 18 months, and it is very nice. The longer Singular forks in the Swift I rode before were also very good. ll. Arguably those did "chatter" a bit under hard braking, but that may be down to the headset state and brake set-up.

Enjoy!!

IbocProSX":2h8txoar said:
Re the Salsa forks, I 've been riding a set in the Curtlo for the last 18 months, and it is very nice. The longer Singular forks in the Swift I rode before were also very good. ll. Arguably those did "chatter" a bit under hard braking, but that may be down to the headset state and brake set-up.

Yes, the Singular forks are also extremely nice - I have a 445mm set for my Singular Hummingbird. I think that either these or the Salsa's are the best rigid forks going and ride as well as forks costing many times more.

We were treated to some gentle snow overnight so I decided to take out the Pegasus for some wintery Singlespeed trail fun. Aad I took a camera to share some of the features of my local loop. The snow in the pictures is not as white as it should, I did not get it right. And Paint in W7 on my new laptop seems to have less functions to play with this. Ah well, you get the jist of this anyways ;) and some new frame formats courtesy of Pinkbike (MTBR lost my albums in a software update)...

Did I mention Holland IS flat
p4pb9194882.jpg

First stop the remains of a Megalithic Hunebed or Dolmen, 5000y old
p4pb9194880.jpg

Onwards to the trailhead
p4pb9194883.jpg

Some lakeside singletrail fun
p4pb9194884.jpg

Lake is just frozen over and covered in snow
p4pb9194881.jpg

Next it is the heather plain, trees lined with crest of snow, magic.
p4pb9194886.jpg

More magic
p4pb9194885.jpg

Boy do the white ESI grips look grubby here. I have some new lock ons but not made time to fit them.
When I post pictures I see there's little seatpost showing, but riding it just disappears under me
The Pegasus is a joy to ride. With a new SS project in the barn I have half a mind to fit 1x10 gears to it.

Enjoy!!

Fantastic bike. Your pictures have reinforced the idea that the Netherlands is the ideal place for singlespeeds

Thanks for the nice comments,

Must make time to shorten the brake line and fit the new grips. Got some white Cannondale grips with the light green anodised lock on collar on one side only. And last but certainly not least fit the Boone Cog for that finishing touch .......

Then take some fresh pictures before the conversion to geared trailbike.

Enjoy!!

pavement":3lmzjcsa said:
Fantastic bike. Your pictures have reinforced the idea that the Netherlands is the ideal place for singlespeeds
Singlespeeds like hills - they're at their worst on flat terrain.

Back