1993 Klein Adroit Mardi Gras

Re: But....,i was looking for a 19" Adroit....

get a beer!

and you said once this is true love.......but to see the "naked" fork, it has a special thing...it costed me a lot of sanding paper and some sour hands...

because if i want to do a real proper restoration, i have to let it paint professionally, so why not give it a try myself :roll:

Yes! I will be a volunteer to be the next Klein painter who will be bashed by some, and loved by others... :facepalm:

No kidding, i give it a shot to play with "the sponge", don't now where it goes but i'll see......it will be fun that's for sure!! Want to try to match the frame with all the bleached out parts, might put some worn out XTR on it to be in style, old worn tyres, can restore it always later.....and will ;)

Attachments

• MC1-Strata.jpg
    MC1-Strata.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,956

Vinevo":1ixtj03n said:
Good find and good luck with the projects, if I could just get my hands on an Adroit!

Just curious, how would you build it?

Good work!

You have passed the 1st test! How your hands were feeling is testiment to Klein luuuv. :D

According to a certain German though you have destroyed the forks by sanding by hand so from here things can only get better!

I would get it etched primed asap.

J

Excellent! One of my favourite threads ever so far! - it's got everything: hand-sanded Klein (a subject close to my heart!), a messy looking Adroit and the potential for a DIY mardi gras paintjob :LOL: Will be watching with interest - thanks for posting.

Congrats to finding frame and forks! It is no bad idea to try to restore the mardi gras scheme yourself. Even if it does not work out, please don't respray the frame.

@Nausea, thanks! If you're ever around, i think i'll still have some sandpaper lying here.....

@Rahbari, i try not to repaint the frame, but it looks really bad..., besides that, Mardi Gras would not be the color i would choose if i would buy a new bike, but if i look at it now, i really, really like it!!

My Backfire was also in a bad shape, but i think it turned out great!

first attempt, i don't think 'm gonna bother you with the 2nd, 3rd, 4th,.........but i thought lets just show something...i think i need a more open sponge or something..and matching colors off course.....

parts are slowly coming in got a pair of wheel, old tyres, seatpost is on the ways as are canti's rear and front derailleur, got some worn pedals already..and busy wit a seat...

o yeah, still hoping someone wants to swap his 135mm 0-degree for my 150mm 0-degree.....(bigger is better... ;) )

Attachments

• MG-test.jpg
    MG-test.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 716
  • MG-001.jpg
    MG-001.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 716

Gloss black with white decals for the forks and stem!

Back