Welcome Back - Retrobike software update complete :)

Must be my tech gremlins then

My iPod touch goes to full mode automatically

My motorola motosmart android phone goes to full mode automatically

My packard bell netbook goes to mobile mode automatically

May be I need to toe in my blocks and grease my bearings.

Nintendo DS XL goes to full mode and it really doesn't like it mobile MUCH better even if a little messy as it cannot use all the posh bits.

Can you add it's user agent to teh mobile detect

Code:
..."Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Nitro) Opera 8.50 [ja]":
          $on_ds = true;
          $country = "ja";
          break;
     case "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Nitro) Opera 8.50 [en]":
          $on_ds = true;
          $country = "en";
          break; ...
I believe the Nitro is the DS's code name I think
(taken off the opera DS forum)

I don't know if this has already been mentioned but on some threads none of the pictures appear? They are just little boxes with a red 'X' in them. At first I thought it was just my phone but then I realised the same threads have the same problem on my laptop..

On a totally different note loving the mobile version, very quick :D

ChrisBrown81":3264fjiz said:
I don't know if this has already been mentioned but on some threads none of the pictures appear? They are just little boxes with a red 'X' in them. At first I thought it was just my phone but then I realised the same threads have the same problem on my laptop..

e.g. ?
and on the mobile or desktop skin or both ?
I've not seen any other than say on very old posts where the person has deleted the pictures from somewhere offsite like photobucket, but that happened before.

quote="FluffyChicken"]
ChrisBrown81":1zzbyuht said:

e.g. ?
I've not seen any other than say on very old posts where the person has deleted the pictures from somewhere offsite like photobucket, but that happened before.[/quote]

e.g this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=238049

Not a very old one yet the pictures don't seem to work anymore on the full site on my phone and laptop.

Don't get me wrong its far from all threads its just the odd few I've noticed it on that it didn't do before the update..

ChrisBrown81":1kj2cw8e said:
FluffyChicken":1kj2cw8e said:
ChrisBrown81":1kj2cw8e said:

e.g. ?
I've not seen any other than say on very old posts where the person has deleted the pictures from somewhere offsite like photobucket, but that happened before.

e.g this thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=238049

Not a very old one yet the pictures don't seem to work anymore on the full site on my phone and laptop.

Don't get me wrong its far from all threads its just the odd few I've noticed it on that it didn't do before the update..

The reason for asking is it's hard to find the bugs without knowing where to look.

ALL the pictures in there work fine for me.
Do you have any blockers on or problems with photobucket as that is where the pictures are coming from (not retrobike)
This is a direct link to one of the pictures
http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/u58 ... f81128.jpg

Thanks for the feedback, esp to FC. TO address a few points

-> The forum jump navigation was removed deliberately on mobile. Found I was selecting it accidentally when using the mobile template, glad you are able to work around this.
-> Once you have selected either mobile or full site on your device it will be remembered via a cookie. The only way you can get the device to auto detect again is to clear cookies. I expect this is the issue jamabikes was having.
-> Given the settings are remembered don't intend to add the DS to the device detection, unless the DS cannot handle cookies and we have a large DS userbase.
-> If images are not showing as ChrisBrown suggests FC's advise holds true. It will either be a dead image due to the original image being removed OR or it will be related to some sort of ad / popup blocker on the machine.

Mobile mode works great on my windows phone, great job. Hover my laptop (running FireFox) also defaults to the mobile site, do I need to make changes to my settings?

Rob H":1vifccsv said:
Mobile mode works great on my windows phone, great job. Hover my laptop (running FireFox) also defaults to the mobile site, do I need to make changes to my settings?

Just switch to full style (button bottom centre I think) and your laptop should remember it. If not try allowing cookies in your options :)

Back