How many mtb's are used on the rd

I try and mix it up and use different bikes on the commute, but since I got my road bike I've tended towards that as it is so much easier. But the roads in my town are such a mess just now some places I want to go I have to take an MTB as the road surface is too much for 700x23 tyres. And cobbles are a good way of improving your balance.

Sensible answer...

I converted an mtb into a 700c SS bike for on the road. It has more bits on it now though!

Picture033-1.jpg

I use my bicycle on the road,off the road and even on water
I must admit however to not having as yet cracked the water bit.I thought i'd ridden enough ice to make me experienced enough but it doesnt look like it.

Mu hubbie uses his MTB on the road to get to work as his touring bike is off the road, but normally it is MTB for MTB and road for road.

Alison

I gererally ride to and from the local trails, I'd look a bit silly carrying my mtb.

I have 5 Kona's..i rotate them all weather dependant.. i either use sports conti contact tyres 1.3 or 1.6... this Explosif is my everyday commuter. Personally i dont like the riding position on road/racing bikes.

Ernie ;)

Attachments

• explosif 2013 005.jpg
    explosif 2013 005.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 142
I have one built as a tourer. It gets used for shopping as well occasionally thanks to all the panniers. Anything else though I will use the road bikes as that is what they are designed to do.

I have continental slicks on my '93 lava dome and use it on the road for commuting as often as i can, ive been out on my other bike on a few rides over the crap weather season, but i havent ridden my lava dome since last year as i hate getting to work soaked, so its only a fair weather commuter at the mo!

As soon as the other Lava Dome gets back form having the dropout sorted it'll be set up as a tourer front & rear racks and Schwalbe Big Apples. There are slickish tyres on the Cindercone and risers so it almost sit up and beg and that's the shopping/bar bike.
Tbh the roadies round here are unpleasantly arrogant and I have no wish to be associated with them.

Back