Death and do you fear it?

I don't fear death itself, just the thought of the upset it would cause to my family and friends.

Personally I think there is more to death than just 'switching the lights off' I've had too many strange experiences to think that. Here's one I posted on another forum a while ago

'I was staying away for work last year, and while in the bar downstairs a couple of other blokes and I had started talking about ghosts and other spooky things as the pub/hotel we were in was supposed to be haunted. I went to bed with a few ales in me and was soon falling asleep with my ipod on. Next to my bed I kept my phone which being a touchscreen, creates a lot of light when the screen switches on when you get a message. As I said I had my ipod on and while nodding off realised that my phone had gone off, as I was aware the room had just lit up somewhat, realising I had fallen asleep with my earphones still in, I took them out and checked my phone - nothing! No message or missed call. I then instantly had the thought that my friends dad John had died. He had been suffering from terminal cancer and was not in a good way, although I had no reason to think he was likely to die then. I then shook the thought out of my head and went back to sleep, to be woken the next morning by a text message from my friend telling me her dad had died in the night.

I've only had such strong thoughts enter my head a few times before, and though I would stop a long way short of calling myself psychic, the 'gut feeling' I guess you would call it has always been accurate, far beyond being coincidental too, more like spooky, especially with upsetting events like I have described above, which I would rather not have to think about as I'm sure you could understand!'

I've had numerous other 'ghostly' encounters, sometimes on a pretty much daily basis in one place I used to work, this was pretty much the only one that appeared to be a message to me though.

I think it was Mark Twain (AKA Samuel L Clements) who said “I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”

I think that is a perfectly reasonable attitude.

in hell

200 celisus oven{ powder coating }
red & black bikes
ladies wear lingere
Victoria secrets
hot rods
fishing /hunting
4/4 driving loudly
monster trucks

in heaven
harps
conservative ladies
comfortable shoes
politics
nice moderate built white bike
waiting your turn
driving a clean Volvo.

you pick :LOL:

I am a firm believer in we are born when we are supposed to and die when we are supposed to, beyond that..pah...shit happens

i recently lost both my nans in the same week, i was holding the hand of one as she sliped away. i dont fear death so much any more :cry:

Sorry to hear that.

I worked with the terminally ill back a while, and it certainly shapes your thoughts on the issue.

My death will hopefully be the way I choose.

Out at sea.

lumos2000":hi27o2s2 said:
i recently lost both my nans in the same week, i was holding the hand of one as she sliped away. i dont fear death so much any more :cry:
I lost both my grandma and my grandpa quite soon after each other but not as close to them as that, I really feel for you there. My grandpa was playing football with my son a week before he died. He had never been to the doctor not wanting to bother them with ailments he was riddled with cancer when he finally went and died days later. I still am petrified about the end though.

Alison

Back