BoTM Feb 13 'Restoration Special' - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
i absolutely love the elgin but maybe its semantics but restoration? rejuvenation and modification definitely, but restoration to suggests taking back to original to me.

jamabikes":1uxe5lzo said:
i absolutely love the elgin but maybe its semantics but restoration? rejuvenation and modification definitely, but restoration to suggests taking back to original to me.
he restored it into a rideable bike, when it was scrap. Who cares if it's not original?

jamabikes":7ewqujci said:

I think if this is just restricted to pure originality then there won't be many entries, Most of us tweek something away from the factory original.

I think this just has to mean bringing a bike back to life.

matt24777":2rz2pgk3 said:
I think if this is just restricted to pure originality then there won't be many entries, Most of us tweek something away from the factory original.

Gives me a chance!! :p

jamabikes":u9ibtery said:
By definition anything that has been restored cannot be original. Semantics. ;)

sandmangts":113yzv8d said:
jamabikes":113yzv8d said:

Touche :LOL: i really do love it, to the point i almost asked you to make me one, but i just cant get my head eouns it as a restoration.

jamabikes":2ct74iz0 said:
sandmangts":2ct74iz0 said:
jamabikes":2ct74iz0 said:

Touche :LOL: i really do love it, to the point i almost asked you to make me one, but i just cant get my head eouns it as a restoration.
You should do one yourself. Maybe not as crazy as mine but you can build up a bomber style clunker pretty cheap. They are easy and loads of fun. If I ever build another like this I will buy a proper welding setup. The little bernzomatic torch I used sucked.

Koski Trailmaster

phpeG8KyJAM_zpsf3a2f4b0.jpg

Trailmaster_zps381b3cb2.jpg

I know it doesn’t look like much but I started restoring this bike about four years ago, the first photo is how I purchased it and the second photo is courtesy of the SFO Airport. About a year ago the bike was accepted into the SFO Exhibit and I was out of the country at the time so the bike was shipped to Joe Breeze who completed the restoration. I contacted the original owner initially and Joe happened to be very good friends with him so everything has been put back to his original build including the Blue Phil/Araya wheels that Eric Koski built for the bike in 1980. Erik also supplied the TT decal and gave instruction on where to apply it.

Build Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back